Well my race season may be over

-
Well this weekend that looked so promising turn into Norwalk Halloween Classic part two. My weekend turned to crap when I got here and opened my back door of my car trailer only to see I left my power switch on for two weeks. My three month old 300.00 battery was trashed. Under one volt I tried everything to revive it for 2.5 hours. The extra battery I carry is down on voltage a little but with an alternator would have got me through the weekend. But as luck would have it was 1.5 inches to wide for my battery hold down. So I sat out Fridays race that rained out before first round was finished. My plan then was to get up and check the weather and if it was going to be nice cut my hold down and shoemaker it for todays race. Well my knees we shot from yesterday and rain projected so I sat todays race out too. It rained out before second round was finished. I’m loaded up and heading home in the morning as more rain predicted.
That sucks…. Sorry to hear my friend.

That is unfortunate John. Hopefully a long trickle charge will bring the battery back to life. Rest up and get your new set of heads on the engine for next year.

That sucks…. Sorry to hear my friend.

I was more pissed At myself than anything. I could have packed up and gone home after trying to revive it for 2.5 hours. Plenty of offers for loaners but by them my knees were beyond killing me and being stubborn as a mule I deserved a stupidly penalty. I stuck around for Trick Or Treating and with the track 80% empty after the rain out almost each and every child thanked us for sticking around to give out candy. Back to back two worst long rainy racing weekends that I can remember.

Last edited:
such a shame. I was praying for you guys. Thought you may get it in, kept holding onto hope, sucks to end the season that way.

Go to doorslammers race down in piedmont after thanksgiving. Lol. Top bulb, door cars only. I wish my car was not broke I’d be looking at going

Weather prediction is getting really bad. kinda really sucks trying to make even short term plans.
They change the forecast every hour, I've seen it go from 0% chance for rain at 8 am to 80% at 9. The sky was black at 8.:realcrazy:

They called for a nice Friday all week. Got 3/4 of the way through first round Friday night and the sky’s opened up. Man I pity our track manager as he’s taken it in the butt the last four years.

I was more pissed At myself than anything. I could have packed up and gone home after trying to revive it for 2.5 hours. Plenty of offers for loaners but by them my knees were beyond killer me and being stubborn as a mule I deserved a stupidly penalty. I stuck around for Trick Or Treating and with the track 80% empty after the rain out almost each and every child thanked us for sticking around to give out candy. Back to back two worst long rainy racing weekends that I can remember.
Well, You left those kids with a little positive perserverance seed, and some treats....it wasn't a total loss.

Well, looks like the season is over for you and many others, 2023 = The candy man

Thank you for the great entertainment this year @pittsburghracer

7200 shift, you have a great valve train, hope it works out for you

Engine felt great at 7200 rpm shift point. But high humidity and non October type of weather another low 6.0 pass. I took my laptop along to check the RacePak data but never did. Hopefully this week.

Engine felt great at 7200 rpm shift point. But high humidity and non October type of weather another low 6.0 pass. I took my laptop along to check the RacePak data but never did. Hopefully this week.
That is something, better then nothing, good luck on this coming Strong end, I don't have week ends, all strong ones :lol:

How late in the fall do the tracks stay running in your area?
Ours were closed down 2 weeks ago, really for no reason and the track is closed all of the month of July but I can't complain the track is only 20 minutes from my house.

How late in the fall do the tracks stay running in your area?
Ours were closed down 2 weeks ago, really for no reason and the track is closed all of the month of July but I can't complain the track is only 20 minutes from my house.

That was the last race and pushed to last weekend because of rain. Two more test n tunes are scheduled but we are starting to get freezing temps at night so this may be the last one.

IMG_0168.png

That was the last race and pushed to last weekend because of rain. Two more test n tunes are scheduled but we are starting to get freezing temps at night so this may be the last one.
Oh okay, yeah it's freezin *** here already 2 in the 20s at night

I’ll throw a small electric cube heater in the car trailer for a couple of nights as I won’t unload till this weekend. My driveway is a muddy mess.

-
Back