Well that didn't go well!

-

dusterdragracer

Drag Racer
Reaction score
Dang GM parts, 1st pass it breaks low gear in my 'Glide on the launch.All went well till I let go of the button.
I am wondering if it's going to get up on the tires on the burn out with 17" wide slicks. I was wrong.
I love methanol, it just plants you in the seat (I did a little high gear pull) and the throttle response is awesome.
My tranny guy will take care of it.As Andy say's in Oz. "We got parts,we will fix it"

Enjoy:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201805506125650&l=6245634593621670645

Must be nice to have a sponsor; the rest of us break things, we have to pay big bucks or rebuild em' ourselves, enjoy the season!

Ouch. Not what you want ever. Let alone first pass.

I'd bet he's still spending more than the sponsor is saving him
As a friend, he always takes care of me. I will pay, in fact I told him I wouldn't bring it to him unless I can pay him.If it's just minor, he may charge me $200.00, that's just the way he is. He really isn't a sponsor, I just run his name, and my other friend with the dyno's shop, because he gives me free dyno's, and he is a dear friend.
I do it more to help them with their business's, and because they are good friends.
I really don't like sponsor's, because then you are beholding to them.I can never out give these guys, it goes both ways with them.
And yes,maybe I might make 1K this year, if I am really lucky, and it cost me 3K just to get ready, and another 2K to race and fuel.

Ouch. Not what you want ever. Let alone first pass.
Yes Rob, sad thing is I didn't get a sea level run (we are at 2500'), it was 8 hrs drive round trip to Yakima. But the good news is, I found the weak spot, before our local 1st double race.
It's all good, just racin'

Chit happens Chris.....I know you'll get back on track soon :thumleft:. Love that car.

Personal best et? In this car this setup

Wat is the setup ?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Car ran 9:30's @ 142 MPH @ SGM
Killians ported Indy 440-1 heads
RB 446 C.I.
12:1 wesco
Ohio crank rods
660 isky roller
killians ported Indy intake
AED 1050 Dom. on alky
Aero space vac pump
BLP belt drive FP
Glide
PTC 6K converter
2800 with me in it
It had never been dyno'd, we picked up 30 more HP.

Bummer man.. can't wait to see this thing in person next weekend. I wish mine was 2800 with me in it lol..

Thanks,Randy had the tranny apart last night,he said no problemo.
Finished prime drive system today.
With the rack and trans jack, it should only take 1 hr.And I will be golden.
The tunnel doesn't come out, but you can undo everything from underneath. You never go inside the car. Tons of room, even with shield on...I love it. Way better then the Daytona, it was a hassle.
See you at the track, come say hi.

O.K. that is better.9:89 @ 137 MPH......If you took our alt. away, that would be 9:69 @ 141 MPH at sea level.
Alky is like a giant explosion when you do the burn out. This was a short 1/8th mile shot:

[ame]http://youtu.be/Zc6f1Xtx5Ro[/ame]

Update....Much better now. Went 3 rounds at the 1st race. Lost the coin toss in the 3rd round. I only had 1 hit in left lane, so with only those numbers I thought it might pick up. I dialed down 2, should have left it alone.Didn't run the number by 2!
I covered him on the tree,.008 to his .012.
Here I am running him down. He was dialed 11:16...That is Saxby, national event winning S/ST racer.Good friend too.
Car was leaving like a big old fat lady, but it was consistent, so I left it alone. I don't think the launch control is letting it get up on the converter, I never hear it hit the 4600 chip.The 60's show that it is just dead. The MPH says it's got the HP.More air pressure to the stop can fix that, or I will just start standing on the converter.
I love the bottom pic. I call it "Steam Roller"

Attachments

• spokane.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 175
  • front.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 203
-
Back