Well the furnace came on so it was time to cook

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Work up this morning to 45 degree temps outside and 62 degrees inside so I flipped on the furnace for an hour or so. Nothing like some potatoes, onions, kelby, garlic salt, and sea salt to warm you up some.

IMG_4737.jpeg

We've been colder in the morning. No furnace yet. Just got a new one with new central air in July, haven't had the new furnace on yet.
What is "Kelby"?

What, no step by step?

This time I played lazy guy and bought a gallons of sliced potatoes. (Small round ones work great two) slice up 2-2.5 pounds kelby, two medium white onion. Two together in a cover oven pan or aluminum throw away pan. Sprinkle generously with garlic salt and cut up one stick of good butter. On a big batch like I made I cooked it covered for one hour and stirred it. (400 degrees) Then I cooked it for another 15 minutes uncovered. Your cooking time will be dictated by your batch size. After cooked I add sea salt to desired taste

This time I played lazy guy and bought a gallons of sliced potatoes. (Small round ones work great two) slice up 2-2.5 pounds kelby, two medium white onion. Two together in a cover oven pan or aluminum throw away pan. Sprinkle generously with garlic salt and cut up one stick of good butter. On a big batch like I made I cooked it covered for one hour and stirred it. (400 degrees) Then I cooked it for another 15 minutes uncovered. Your cooking time will be dictated by your batch size. After cooked I add sea salt to desired taste
Thanks, sounds like a dish mom used to make "bare buttcheeks in the grass"
But she added green beans to it

-
Back