Well, the time has come. Sold my Duster.

-

69bronzeT5

My wife's car is faster.
Reaction score
After 7 years of ownership, I've sold my Duster. It's being picked up next weekend. It's a bitter sweet day. Sad because I'm going to miss it and it's got a lot of sentimental value to me but at the same time, I'm happy because it's going to a great home and I can use the funds to grab a '71 Charger R/T project I've had my eyes on for months and invest the rest into schooling for my new career. I've been going back and forth over selling it since 2011 but could never get the courage to finally do it. When my good friend told me he wanted to buy it a year ago, I knew it was time. Here's some history with me and the car....

Here's when I found it:
New pictures of my '73

And when I got it home:
Finally got my '73 home (well almost) -- Lots of pics!

I paid a grand total of $650 for the car and I'm into it for around $2,500 now. My friend had to have it and offered me $6,300 for it so I couldn't say no really. I worked on it solid for 2 years and took it to around a dozen car shows. In 2012, it had some drivetrain leak issues so it was parked at my grandpa's shop and fixed over over the course of the next year. In fall 2013 I moved it from his shop to my wife's friend's condo and parked it in her heated underground. I haven't touched it since, so I take comfort knowing it's going to a good home where it will be loved and actually driven. My friend has also assured me if he ever wants to sell it, I get first crack so I'm sure one day it will end up back in my garage.

Being as I work for a Mopar magazine in my free time and still love A-bodies, I won't be going anywhere.

Last edited:
aww ....and yay - I need to take a lesson here and move on from/sell my Harley --- but I just don't want to...

aww ....and yay - I need to take a lesson here and move on from/sell my Harley --- but I just don't want to...

I've been that way with this car for the past few years. I've never really wanted to sell it and still kind of don't but I know it's for the best.

Love my 3rd gen Charger too...... Kinda thinking about the repop bulge hood though. It is a P code big block car...
i34624-jpg.1714915809

Love my 3rd gen Charger too...... Kinda thinking about the repop bulge hood though. It is a P code big block car...
i34624-jpg.1714915809

Beautiful '72 SE! I've always had a love for 3rd gen Chargers. I tried to buy a nice driver Hemi Orange '71 Bee clone with a 440 4 speed back in April off a friend. It didn't work out (he ended up selling it to another friend he offered it to 3 years ago) so I was on the hunt for a '71 when another friend contacted me with a '71 R/T project he had that he would sell. Couldn't say no to it....it's a 85% complete original GY3 Citron Yella 440 automatic car with hideaways, PS, power disc brakes, rear defogger, 3 speed wipers etc. so I'm excited to say the least.

Last edited:
I just can't bring myself to put the badges back on it. I have them all including the 400 Magnum ones from the fenders but it's so clean without them. I thought if I got the bulge hood I'd put them on it.

I remember seeing your Duster posted on Craigslist a few times over the past year or so. Good luck with the resto on the '71 Charger!

I bought my Duster 'cos I can't afford a 71 R/T. I'd own one in a heartbeat upon winning the lottery.

I remember seeing your Duster posted on Craigslist a few times over the past year or so. Good luck with the resto on the '71 Charger!

Yeah, I had it up a few times looking to trade for a '71 Charger or '71 Satellite/Road Runner. Didn't really get many bites except for a guy trying to trade his '96 Dodge 2500 lol

I bought my Duster 'cos I can't afford a 71 R/T. I'd own one in a heartbeat upon winning the lottery.

I've wanted one for a long time so I jumped on this one when my friend offered it to me. I'm sure my Duster will end up back in my hands at some point.

-
Back