Well this pisses me off

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

64conv65hard

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Was in contact with a member about buying some SBP American Racing rims with tires. Was waiting for his response for shipping quote. Been in contact with him since 1/18 and now I see the tires/rims have been sold. WTF? I told him I would buy them, just needed a shipping quote. Even told him to verify the price with FedEx ground.

Had a similar thing happen to me from another member. I responded to a post for a particular item he had listed for $xx plus shipping/obo. So I made an off of $xx shipped. Doesn't hurt to ask, right? He sent me a response that it was a new item and (this company) sells them for $***. Told me I was too low on my offer and was going to wait and see what other offers he would get. He was to let me know. I kept a watch on the post and waited patiently for a pm as to the status of my offer. All of a sudden it was marked as sold. I passed up another one because not seeing any other interest on the one I made an offer on. It kinda pissed me off, but I decided if that's how he wants to do biz, he didn't deserve my money anyway.

Sucks tho, that you missed out on the wheels....

Was in contact with a member about buying some SBP American Racing rims with tires. Was waiting for his response for shipping quote. Been in contact with him since 1/18 and now I see the tires/rims have been sold. WTF? I told him I would buy them, just needed a shipping quote. Even told him to verify the price with FedEx ground.
I have a set of the same SBP wheels that are powder coated black that I am looking to sell. PM me if you are interested. Here they are on my ‘66...

65B4C61C-7889-4B70-9C12-AB74DA5A7655.jpeg

Some people just lack the integrity gene.

Could be worse,paying for parts and dude disappears...

Seems to be a reoccuring situation around here lately. I recently replied to an ad and agreed to meet a member two hours away the next morning to exchange cash for parts. He messaged me later that night to tell me that he sold the part out from under me because someone had offered to PayPal the full amount to him without seeing the part. People's integrity has gone out the window.

Our local buy and sell is the same. First one to put cash in hand wins.
Kijiji sellers too.
But not all, my 340 intake purchase was an excellent experience.mind you,i found out when i met him he was a fabo member.

yup, been there, tried to do that, same thing happened...while i was working on shipping, the seller sold them locally

look on the bright side...now you can go with some way more gooder looking slots

Had a similar thing happen to me from another member. I responded to a post for a particular item he had listed for $xx plus shipping/obo. So I made an off of $xx shipped. Doesn't hurt to ask, right? He sent me a response that it was a new item and (this company) sells them for $***. Told me I was too low on my offer and was going to wait and see what other offers he would get. He was to let me know. I kept a watch on the post and waited patiently for a pm as to the status of my offer. All of a sudden it was marked as sold. I passed up another one because not seeing any other interest on the one I made an offer on. It kinda pissed me off, but I decided if that's how he wants to do biz, he didn't deserve my money anyway.

Sucks tho, that you missed out on the wheels....

In your case, I can understand the sellers point of view, and I believe he informed you that he was waiting for a full price offer. I see nothing wrong with that, and because we are not allowed to comment in for sale ads, he was undoubtably communicating thru PM to other interested buyers. And he did let you know that it was sold, by marking it sold. Sorry, but that's the way it works, even face to face, you offer less than the asking price, if the owner declines and you walk away and it gets sold, it's your loss for not offering enough!

Idk - it just didn't sit right at the time. He gave me the impression he was expecting offers higher than his listing price.
And maybe I didn't really need it anyway, and he saved me money in the end.

I could charge you 330.00 for a pair of small bolt centerline's that I advertise as 15 x 10 with a 5 1/2 inch backspace and then turn around and send you a pair that are actually 15 x 8 1/2 with a 5" backspace that you won't be able to use . then you can take a 200.00 hit on them after reselling them ? oh wait nevermind , that's what I just took in pooper , no Vaseline , no reach around

Had the same done to me recently. Posted a response in the ad and sent a PM to the seller within minutes of the item being posted. The seller and I agreed on his full asking price and I was only waiting for his PayPal info. He then ignored me for a couple days, and then told me he sold it. Classy guy.

On the flip side, we have more stand up members than not. I agreed to buy a part yesterday, paid this morn, and got shipping/tracking info by mid day.

I rarely comment on stuff like this. I was the one selling the wheels. Don’t make me out to be any sort of shitbird here. Here’s the facts....
A- I actually still have the wheels and nobody has paid for them.
B- I can sell them, burn them, take them to the landfill or anything I wish to do.
C- They have been advertised locally as well.
D- if I could sell these wheels locally for the same money why wouldn’t I? And not have to drive 38 miles to UPS and back? Should I quote shipping and handling ( my gas burned) ?

I don’t appreciate being drug into this as a bad guy. I’ve given more stuff away to members than I can ever recall. I’ve shipped stuff to members and lost money on the shipping but I honored it. Don’t try to call
me out when you don’t have facts. Oh... one more.

E- I have been in communication with people about buying these wheels since November, you are about 80th in line man. That’s the way it is. I’m sorry it’s not working out. I might just keep them because after all... they are still sitting in my shop unsold. Maybe I just don’t want to have the hassle of shipping mounted wheels. Peace.

I rarely comment on stuff like this. I was the one selling the wheels. Don’t make me out to be any sort of shitbird here. Here’s the facts....
A- I actually still have the wheels and nobody has paid for them.
B- I can sell them, burn them, take them to the landfill or anything I wish to do.
C- They have been advertised locally as well.
D- if I could sell these wheels locally for the same money why wouldn’t I? And not have to drive 38 miles to UPS and back? Should I quote shipping and handling ( my gas burned) ?

I don’t appreciate being drug into this as a bad guy. I’ve given more stuff away to members than I can ever recall. I’ve shipped stuff to members and lost money on the shipping but I honored it. Don’t try to call
me out when you don’t have facts. Oh... one more.

E- I have been in communication with people about buying these wheels since November, you are about 80th in line man. That’s the way it is. I’m sorry it’s not working out. I might just keep them because after all... they are still sitting in my shop unsold. Maybe I just don’t want to have the hassle of shipping mounted wheels. Peace.

So are the wheels for sale or not? If 80 peeps have asked and you still have them, clearly they are not for sale or your asking price is lower for what you’re actually willing to sell them for. Perhaps list them with a “I don’t want to sell it price of $***”?

So are the wheels for sale or not? If 80 peeps have asked and you still have them, clearly they are not for sale or your asking price is lower for what you’re actually willing to sell them for. Perhaps list them with a “I don’t want to sell it price of $***”?

What difference does it make? This guy is pissed because I’m not selling my wheels to him and posts on here upset. I didn’t back out of a sale, I didn’t up the price on the sale. I marked my ad sold and then saw this childish nonsense. Period.

What difference does it make? This guy is pissed because I’m not selling my wheels to him and posts on here upset. I didn’t back out of a sale, I didn’t up the price on the sale. I marked my ad sold and then saw this childish nonsense. Period.
it's called COMMUNICATION.
if you put **** up for sale and get 80 people wanting them have the decency to give the other 79 some kind of ,,,,, yes or no or you're number 26 or "kick rocks" jesus

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did I ever mention your name? I didn't try to lowball you, you were the one lowering the price and I jumped in when I thought the price was right. You were the one that said you'd get back to me with a shipping price but instead closed listing with SOLD. Everyone else on this site that I've ever dealt with would at least tell me the sale was pending with someone else, which is understandable. If you don't want to ship then say it in you listing.

Last edited:
This doesent need to be a pissing match.
Advertise as local pickup only and 30 extra to deliver to ups.

And neiter party is out a single penny, so why be upset?

I bid on 28,000 square feet of roofing metal. Idea was to sell about 1/2 to offset my cost.
Posted it for sale at a reasonable price. People wanted it delivered for free. others offered me 1/2 of what i was asking. Selling anything can be a pain in the ***.

it's called COMMUNICATION asshole.
if you put **** up for sale and get 80 people wanting them have the decency to give the other 79 some kind of ,,,,, yes or no or you're number 26 or "kick rocks" jesus
Thanks for calling me an asshole man. You know me pretty well. Oh wait, no... you don’t. This is quite possibly the dumbest thread I’ve seen. It’s stuff like this that makes a man want to just never ever help another in the community. I told the dude “ shipping wouldn’t be worth it”. I communicated that shipping mounted wheels and tires isn’t worth it. One could interpret that it’s not worth my time to drive 38 miles. I decline to do that. I have a right to pull my ad bro. I’m not in the least Mad about anything. In fact, this is amusing.

Some people just lack the integrity gene.
That’s a hell of a strong thing to say about somebody you don’t even know. In fact... that’s insulting. You don’t even get it. If you know who I am, you’d probably say the opposite. I am humble, I know my limitations, I am honest, and I have integrity. You discredit yourself by posting something so ignorant about somebody you have never met. How stupid that makes you look. Sheesh. Lighten up. I pulled an ad and I’m a scumbag of the earth somehow.

I could charge you 330.00 for a pair of small bolt centerline's that I advertise as 15 x 10 with a 5 1/2 inch backspace and then turn around and send you a pair that are actually 15 x 8 1/2 with a 5" backspace that you won't be able to use . then you can take a 200.00 hit on them after reselling them ? oh wait nevermind , that's what I just took in pooper , no Vaseline , no reach around
did u use paypal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back