Well Vic is knocking on the door for some 6.30’s hopefully

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Bracket finals at Norwalk this weekend so hopefully some friends can go some rounds. New best with his 408 combo.

IMG_4470.jpeg

Another pass in the 30’s but just barely. They are going to try a few things on the car this winter to try to get it to 60 foot like it should. But for now hopefully Vic can go some rounds in the bracket finals today.

IMG_4484.jpeg

I haven't been on here as much lately. Is the combo on here somewheres?

It’s not my engine but I ported the Edelbrock heads and he’s borrowing my Super Victor intake I ported. He ended up going to a .040 bore 360 and a 4 inch crank. I can’t give out all the cam specs but it’s a roller cam in the .660 area. Alcohol carb of unknown size. 3200 pounds with driver Ladderbar car with I think a 10 inch radial. Powerglide shifted at 6400. When I did the heads he got with Pac and we went with an LS spring. He works at Wiseco so I’m guessing Wiseco pistons with a slight dome. Pretty sure a 4:30 gear. Car has full exhaust on it.

Who's vic ?

Good friend of mine that works at Wiseco Pistons. He lives in Cleveland Ohio and my son is renting from him. Vic had a 440 powered Volvo but switched it to LS power now. It’s 2700-2800 pounds and runs 6.0’s. He also owns the duster that my son Matt is driving. Vic qualified for the bracket finals at Norwalk and his cars cert is expired so he’s racing the duster in no box class. Very good driver

Good friend of mine that works at Wiseco Pistons. He lives in Cleveland Ohio and my son is renting from him. Vic had a 440 powered Volvo but switched it to LS power now. It’s 2700-2800 pounds and runs 6.0’s. He also owns the duster that my son Matt is driving. Vic qualified for the bracket finals at Norwalk and his cars cert is expired so he’s racing the duster in no box class. Very good driver
Cool, thanks for letting me know that.
That Volvo is awesome

Nice, cool cars.

Vic, my son, and usually a third guy work evenings at Vics house. They buy cars and fix them up to
Sale. Vic has bought some odd cars over the years. Lol. If those guys had a bigger shop (1-2 car garage now) they could really turn out some work

Vic, my son, and usually a third guy work evenings at Vics house. They buy cars and fix them up to
Sale. Vic has bought some odd cars over the years. Lol. If those guys had a bigger shop (1-2 car garage now) they could really turn out some work
Yeah, I wish I had a couple buddies to do stuff like that. I believe that Volvo in stock form a "bertone" is quite possibly one of the ugliest ducklings produced by any manufacturer

Yeah, I wish I had a couple buddies to do stuff like that. I believe that Volvo in stock form a "bertone" is quite possibly one of the ugliest ducklings produced by any manufacturer

I’m not sure about that. I had a friend that raced a K car in super gas. 9.90 class) After he won Englishtown they gave him an Avenger with the stipulation that he had it ready to race in one year. He did. Beautiful car

I’m not sure about that. I had a friend that raced a K car in super gas. 9.90 class) After he won Englishtown they gave him an Avenger with the stipulation that he had it ready to race in one year. He did. Beautiful car
K car for sure. That's why I said "one of " the ugliest lol

K car for sure. That's why I said "one of " the ugliest lol

I’m not a Hemi worshipper but many guy loved Franks K car because that was his choice of horsepower flavor. I tried to sell the k car for him around 8 years ago with zero success. I asked a few friends about him today at the party but no one had any updates on him. He’s probably pushing 75-80 now if he’s still living. Which I think he is.

I think I saw that Volvo on an episode of pinks all out. Cool car. What did it run with the 440?

I watched a you tube video a couple days ago, showing a bunch of gassers from the early to late sixties. I saw several opel kadetts.... with blown hemis!
One was an eight second ride.... with a four speed. Crazy, but ya gotta love hemis in little bitty cars!

Last edited:
I think I saw that Volvo on an episode of pinks all out. Cool car. What did it run with the 440?

I watched a you tube video a couple days ago, showing a bunch of gassers from the early to late sixties. I saw several opel kadetts.... with blown hemis!
One was an eight second ride.... with a four speed. Crazy, but ya gotta love hemis in little bitty cars!
It’s been awhile but it was a stroker engine with TrickFlow heads on it and if I remember right 6.40-6.50’s

Few years back Matt Daddas( one of top drivers in the country) drove that Volvo at the Mopar event at Norwalk.
Think he won like 32 rounds straight that weekend, racing multiple classes, most of which he won.

-
Back