Went to Doctor today

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
I have been experiencing considerable pain in my abdomen and considering I had intestinal surgery in 2004, I decided to get in to see the doctor today. After some testing he told me that I have an intestinal infection (again) and that I will need to take two antibiotics to try to get the infection out. This all started years ago from diverticulitis and turned into paratinitis in 2004 when I ended up having about 13 feet of my intestines removed. The doctor told me at that time I could get another infection due to lower immunity and I guess he was right. He also told me he thinks I may have an abdominal hernia due to the combination of the surgery compounded with my job lifting heavy appliances every day. I am awaiting a referral to a surgeon to see how this pans out. I will be back at work tomorrow despite this. Bills need to be paid and I cannot pay them laying at home. It was nice to get a couple days rest and the good thing is that I can decide to take a day off when I need to due to the fact I work for myself. just wanted to let everyone know I will keep you all updated on my health issues as I find out. gee, I will be 47 yrs old in a couple weeks and I feel my age catching up to me. Even though 47 is not considered old, with the surgery I had, I feel older then I actually am.

I hate hearing these things because they are the things I have to look forward to with age... Get well man.

,Cliff

Wishing you the best and hoping that the meds do the trick rather than having to go under the knife again. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

I hope it goes well man! Even just having those little stomach infection things from eating too much greasy food was tough i cant imagine how much it hurts keep on being a trooper for us

Sendin prayers your way my friend.

Ah Mike,

I kinda know your feelings.

Prayers for you and your family.
You ever feel the need to bend an ear please feel free to call.

Later,
Bruce B.

Diverticulitis sucks doesn't it? Had a bout with it 9 years ago, but I was lucky. All it took was a week on IV antibiotics. That and a change in my diet took care of it so far. Man, I'd kill for a Snickers sometimes though. Hope they get you straightened out soon. There is no worse pain out there. Get well soon.

thoughts and prayers going your way.. I hope everything works out and you get better soon!

Thanks for all the well wishes!!! I am getting ready to leave for work right now and even though the pain is still there, I will just work through it. Kind of sad to think that even when you think you are in your 40's that your body can start to give you problems. Again thanks all!!

good luck cause we like seeing your car on tv. i felt good at 47 it,s the 50year mark that kicking my ***. the29 i will be 50.30lb less would help me or my knees. but never no interall stuff get well soon

Sorry to hear, hoping the meds knock the $hit out of it. The hernia isnt anything to mess with either, I had one by my groin and it was intense pain. Good luck

From another guy who understands your pain, hang in there.......

Be sure you keep yourself on some good probiotics to balance the bacteria count down there after you take your anti-biotics.......

........and I'll be prayin' for ya'. Doc 8)

Best wishes, you've got a great attitude and that makes all the difference. Prayers for you and your family.

-
Back