Went to Hickam AFB yesterday...

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
to have breakfast with some old friends I haven't seen in years. After breakfast we walked around back of the Officers Club to see the new Missing Man monument. It was pretty awesome to see, but when I turned around I saw a submarine coming into Pearl Harbor. Then my friend asks me if I want to see the new command post so of course I had to see how far they've come. It was pretty impressive compared to what we had to work with. After that they tell me that they got a letter signed clearing me to go out to the F15 ramp, then out to the runway and watch the fighters take off. It was a really cool day that brought back alot of memories.

mm1.JPG

sub3.JPG

f15 diamondhead11.JPG

F15 TO1.JPG

ulu1.JPG

vert2.JPG

vert1.JPG

Craig, sounds like you had a great day. It's good to go back home and see old friends and hang out. Brings back memories of racing go-karts out there at Hickam.

Wow!! I wish I could have been there. Planes, Subs and old Friends, Can it get any better?

Great pics Craig -
One of the reasons I enjoy the MATS show so much is Nellis AFB being so close to the strip - racing, car show, good people, and air show all rolled into one.
Of course, being in Hawaii is even better than all that!
See 'ya at MATS in March.

Those pictures of the F15 going vertical remind me of the time I was driving by the airport in CT when those planes were still based there. As I drove past the end of the runway I heard a vory loud noise the scared the st!t out of me. I then saw a blur, it was an F15 roaring overhead that then went vertical. It was the first time I saw that in person, and that is the only way you can really appreciate the power of that plane. I wish I could see that again, but since the gubberment saw fit to move these planes elsewhere, it won't be anytime soon.

I was a great time and one of the F15's veared towards us as soon as he got wheels up and flew right over head. Hopefully next time I come home they'll have the F22's and I can do this again.

headon1.JPG

Wow :tongue9:This Arkansas man has never seen nothing like that in person
But those pictures sure was enjoying to see :-D
Thanks HawaiiDuster :cheers:

-
Back