went to look at a 68 GTS

-

jaws

I put the fun in dysfunctional
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Classic Car ! 1968 Dodge Dart GTS nice!

Car was a little under 80 miles from me. Talked with the owner for a while, asking about any damage. He said just the normal bums and nick from driving the car. When I got there and pulled the cover off of it, first thing I see is a couple a hundred hail dents on the hood roof and deck lid. (not happy) When I ask what the bottom dollar was, said he had a offer of full price but needed some time to get the money up, so he wouldn't take any less. That's 160 miles on my truck and 4 hours of my time wasted. Why can't people just tell someone the truth when asking about a car. Information I could have used.

Car was a little under 80 miles from me. Talked with the owner for a while, asking about any damage. He said just the normal bums and nick from driving the car. When I got there and pulled the cover off of it, first thing I see is a couple a hundred hail dents on the hood roof and deck lid. (not happy) When I ask what the bottom dollar was, said he had a offer of full price but needed some time to get the money up, so he wouldn't take any less. That's 160 miles on my truck and 4 hours of my time wasted. Why can't people just tell someone the truth when asking about a car. Information I could have used.

I totally agree.
Did you see the 63 GT we went to look at recently?
The CL add showed the complete driving car, but when we went to look at it this is what it was like.
The first two pics were on the CL ad, and the last pic was reality.
He said it ran and drove before he took it all apart, and I asked if he could prove it.
I told him everything was a core as far as I could tell with it all apart.

01010_hjGk5osTS6x_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_JtLVWRexat_600x450.jpg

IMG_0485.JPG

Looks pretty nice in the pics. Went to look at a used boat a few weeks back, same kinda deal. person was to lazy to even clean it up and the engine knocked to beat hell and looked mad when I walked away. Wasted my whole day.

I totally agree.
Did you see the 63 GT we went to look at recently?
The CL add showed the complete driving car, but when we went to look at it this is what it was like.
The first two pics were on the CL ad, and the last pic was reality.
He said it ran and drove before he took it all apart, and I asked if he could prove it.
I told him everything was a core as far as I could tell with it all apart.

View attachment 1715214176

View attachment 1715214177

View attachment 1715214178
There is a Valiant here the same way, pics show it on the street. The car is completely taken apart in his garage. He also put filler over the rust holes in the spare tire well.

There is a Valiant here the same way, pics show it on the street. The car is completely taken apart in his garage. He also put filler over the rust holes in the spare tire well.

Yea, I can't imagine people being so lazy (or whatever it is) as to not show current condition when posting something for sale.:realcrazy:

I drove to Kansas to look at a ‘70 Duster once. I ask for more pics and ask specifically about rust under the hood. Ie: inner fenders and upper control arm area. He sent pics showing no rust.
When I drove there and opened the hood I realized that the pics were taken from an angle that did not show the inner fender wells had holes in them.
He lived in a very nice house, very well kept yard. Well it had been raining so the ground was pretty moist. I put my truck in 4 wheel and turned my 20’ trailer around in his front yard. He just stood there and watched me, never said a word.

If you are on here and reading this, shame on you and I hope your yard is still messed up.

When I bought my car off eBay, the ad said "one" rust spot. That was true if you don't count the other 200. When all pictures are taken from 10' away, they can get away with a lot.

-
Back