Went to the dark side again. Picked up a non-mopar toy

-
You suck. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Lucky man. I keep looking for deals to make some green, but so far no good. Enjoy it for a while and make some cash on the back end. That's good stuff :thumrigh:.

Burnout video, with sound, or that pic is photoshopped and you bought a prius....

$1700? Even if that thing has over 200,000 miles on the engine you got a terrific buy! Well done!

Glenn:hello1:

Thanks guys. Estate sales are hidden jewels for cars/trucks/tools, etc. if you can get past the why the sale is happening part. Still gonna have to put some pretty good money in her to get roadworthy & inspected and sell or seriously thinking about keeping it( my wife loves it),modifying so it will hook & letting her have at it in the street points series at our 1/8 mile track if it will run at least in the 9's which seat of pants tells me it will.

Oldschoolcuda

Have always wanted a 5.0 mustang vert in the stable & after 8 months of trying to sell truck for what I thought was fair price decided to go ahead & trade for a fox body. What the hell, mopars first but love all cars and this 91 vert runs awesome and is freaking clean. Top down time.

Oldschoolcuda

Attachments

• 33168245789.354794805.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 124
Congrats! I'm a Mopar man first but like cars as a whole. Mustangs are cheap fun. Enjoy your new toy. I know I've been enjoying mine.

WRB said it, cheap fun! Enjoy! Not so cheap around here anymore, unless they are beat to death. Clean, unabused ones are asking pretty good money. Not that I look too often, sometimes I just get curious.

Absolutely ragtop. Has some type of issue with the ABS system I've got to to troubleshoot ASAP. Not sure of rear gearing but thinking 3 to maybe 3.23 the way it scorches tires but it does have a posi. Previous owner must not have got on her much because tread was still good & this thing goes from smoking them, to igniting them to incinerating the hides from 1st to third. After further review before it got dark do see some dry rot on all 4 hides so tires are also in order.

I recall most V6 S-10's had 3.42 gears.

Check underneath: SOME (but not all) 4.3/5-speed trucks used the big 8.5" rear axle. Others used the dinky 7.625" axle. If you have the 7.625", the first time it hooks, the axle WILL break!

Edit: just realized this thread was a year-plus old. :(

Have always wanted a 5.0 mustang vert in the stable & after 8 months of trying to sell truck for what I thought was fair price decided to go ahead & trade for a fox body. What the hell, mopars first but love all cars and this 91 vert runs awesome and is freaking clean. Top down time.

Oldschoolcuda

fox body rag tops are a ton of fun. love mine.. great to put the family in and go anywhere i want..:)

i like the color combo of it.. lets see more pics..

bought this one last year.. :) all original (i put the wheels on) 68,000 miles and unmolested. under 400 made in 87 that color. and only 18 that color and trim package... you can probably buy 3 fox body rag tops for what one v-8 rear drive fuel injected overdrive rag top mopar would cost. even then you are taken the chance of it being a rust bucket or someone else's headache that they are trying to get out from under..:)

mustangsigpic.jpg

WRB said it, cheap fun! Enjoy! Not so cheap around here anymore, unless they are beat to death. Clean, unabused ones are asking pretty good money. Not that I look too often, sometimes I just get curious.

you're not kidding.. every year they are going up in price.. there are ton of beat to hell ones but nice clean ones are steadily going up in price.

i'm on a few mustang boards and those guys are in denial about it.. i try to tell them that they better get what they want now and to gather the parts now before the checkbook guys get into those cars (already starting slowly). they don't believe me. guess they will see down the road when they are priced right out of the hobby like many mopar guys were....

:burnout:
Here are some more pics. Has 135,000 miles & some minor cosmetic issues that i'm looking forward to putting my skill set on. Very,very excited as she is unmolested, well maintained and has been driven sparingly last few years by previous owner. Vert is original for most part. Also getting original wheels & tires in deal.

Oldschoolcuda

Attachments

• mustang1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 96
  • mustang2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 94
  • mustang3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 100
  • mustang4.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 87
  • mustang5.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 95
good looking car.. the original wheels the 10 hole ones?

i always like the ponys better. i love mine with the pony wheels but have seriously been thinking of putting the 10 holes back on just for the original unmolested look..

stang.jpg

Nothing like being at the right place at the right time, you did good. I too would have traded out of that s10 for the lil foxy in a heart beat, man she is CLEAN !!!!! Have fun with it, rag tops are always nice to have.

Honestly...I wouldn't own a ragtop. Too many compromises. Also, I just cannot get past the fact that the car WILL need a $2000+ repair (new top) every few years if I actually drive it.

fox body verts are only fun if they have a 5.0 ....I had a 93 mustang vert with a 2.3 and OMG that was the most gutless car made in the history of cars .....I felt like I had to get out and push it up hills ....and it was an auto to boot ....OMG I have never labored to drive a car soo much in my life

I think if it would have been a V8 I would have kept it longer than 2 months and I will never do another convertible

but a fox body with 5.0 would be fun ........looks like your going to have some fun in the sun :thumblef:

Attachments

• CIMG1491.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 86
Honestly...I wouldn't own a ragtop. Too many compromises. Also, I just cannot get past the fact that the car WILL need a $2000+ repair (new top) every few years if I actually drive it.

The top in pictures is original. No worries in Southeast,VA. We have a real winter every 4th year maybe. My 2004 wrangler still has original top with no issues.

Oldschoolcuda

fox body verts are only fun if they have a 5.0 ....I had a 93 mustang vert with a 2.3 and OMG that was the most gutless car made in the history of cars .....I felt like I had to get out and push it up hills ....and it was an auto to boot ....OMG I have never labored to drive a car soo much in my life

I think if it would have been a V8 I would have kept it longer than 2 months and I will never do another convertible

but a fox body with 5.0 would be fun ........looks like your going to have some fun in the sun

It is fun Rani and will have all the benefits of being a classic( insurance. tags,etc.) in 2 years. Thanks. The 5.0 will definitely depress you against drivers seat upon acceleration. LOL

Oldschoolcuda

Nice car. Love the color combo. Not to many that clean and unmolested left on the road.

-
Back