were does this go

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Ok just got my new fuel tank sending unit my old unit did not have that extra outlet.I think its a return line from were I do not know.Does it go to the vent tube at the filler tube,or do i just plug it off.

100_1807.jpg

no canister on my 69 dart so what do i do with it.Also should there be a ground wire on the back of this unit.Thanks for the quick reply Leblance

I would just plug it up. I dont have a ground on mine and it works just fine but you could put one on if you want to.

Well if it dont need it than i will leave it alone thanks Burntorange 70 PS love you car.Next to 69 Dart the 70 is my next choice.

Plug the extra tube.
The ground is done with a strap that jumps the short piece of rubber hose.
It snaps on the fuel hardline and the sending unit barb.

gas tank ground strap.jpg

Plug the extra tube.
The ground is done with a strap that jumps the short piece of rubber hose.
It snaps on the fuel hardline and the sending unit barb.

I got me one of them from YearOne. It was not long enough so I never did put it on. Wast of money. I think the tank must ground well enough through the body.

Thanks Snake. I love your car too. It is looking nice!

thanks Charger 70 who would sell that part or could i soader a wire to the unit.Please forgive my bad spelling guys.Sorry

if your filler neck has the vent tube, i'd hook it up.it'll save you from having gas puked out on your britches.imho. if your tank pad is on the top of the tank, and you have the strap pads on right, the tank is isolated. then you need the ground strap. most folks don't have the strap pads though.

-
Back