Were to find Sunroof parts ? Help!

-

M52

Reaction score
I'm finishing up my 73 Dart Sport Sunroof and I need a couple parts . Any ideas on where to find them ? I need the rollers that go on the sides that make sliding roof panel raise up to seal.

roller.JPG

The only part that is currently being reproduced for the manual crank sunroofs is the seal. To my knowledge, the only source for that part is to find another nice used or NOS cable with that part intact. The ramp shown in this picture, is what makes the rear of the panal rise to seal.

73dartsportsunroofdetail.jpg

OK, well can you tell me were to get the seal I have looked all over.

I don't feel right about posting peoples contact info publicly without their permission so....PM sent.

Little history on the sunroofs- the man who started doing them in the 1960's was a German immigrant, whose name I forget but his company was called ASC (American Sunroof Company). If you look it up, I'm sure you'll get his name. At any rate, a few years ago they sold off the sunroof side of the business to concentrate on just doing concept cars for manufacturers and the founder 'passed away.' I believe it was a suicide, he battled depression for years. If you look into the sunroofs he did for manufacturer's early on, the power motors and switches have a familiar logo- VW/Audi. Also, a guy is advertising in MCG that he is re-doing (don't know if that is re-production or repair) the cables for these roofs. Yes, I have lots of weird trivia and facts in my skull!

ASC was founded in Los Angeles in 1965. The guys name was Heinz Prechter, a 21 year old West German immigrant.

The VW/Audi manual crank sunroof cables are a totally different animal, been that route, won't work.

The guy that is advertising in MCG is the guy reproducing the seal. The cables that he is reproducing are for power sunroofs, so for now all we can do is find nice used or NOS cables. All A-body sunroofs installed buy ASC from 73-76 were manual crank sunroofs.

-
Back