We've had a little rain here in Alberta........Pics and vids later in the thread

-
This is the park where I walk Krissy. The second one was in March and the
rest were 1 hour ago.
The water level is still rising a little.

Medicine Hat BRACE yourself as these pic are well off the main river (Bowriver). IF there are any houses along the river, It don't look good.

I feel bad for the people that lost there houses.
This is something that I see on the news in other Countries,but it is
happening here. Unreal!

I am safe and good to go, my Heart is strong and I have Louie the crazy
cat and Krissy my dog.

Darryl

Attachments

• flood3 006.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 105
  • 019.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 105
  • flood3 022.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 107
  • flood3 011.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 106
....the talking heads on the news last night said that no insurance company is willing to pay out because there is a clause about flooding so you are on your own..

A lot of Maritimers out there...are thoughts are with you..

Ian.

Update

If you have a fire or a sewer back up you are covered by Insurance.
Not in this case. I did not get effected but down the road is Total loss.

Can you imagine working your butt off your whole life and this happens?
So I went down there to volunteer with my Ford E350 cube van(yes I know
its a Ford) and pull in there and pick a house,stop and open door and I
yell out lets loaded to the top so I can drop off in the morning at the
city dump.

There are hundreds of volunteers there and we loaded in about an hour.
After that the volunteers move on to other trucks.
I asked who owns this house? and this lady steps up and says I do.
She was very down and devastated.

So I had to tell her " God Bless you and this will come together day by day
as this is hard for you but I have to tell you that I lost my wife nearly one year and you will be Ok, Keep your heart strong,things are going to work
out".

I did not want to say that to her,but have to look at it in a different view.

Tomorrow will go back after work and repeat this.
I believe this is not volunteer work but OUR DUTY as man kind .

Darryl

Attachments

• flood4 048.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 76
So I had to tell her " God Bless you and this will come together day by day
as this is hard for you but I have to tell you that I lost my wife nearly one year and you will be Ok, Keep your heart strong,things are going to work
out".

I did not want to say that to her,but have to look at it in a different view.

Sometimes it puts things in perspective.

There's a young lady who's been hanging out with my best friend. All she does it ***** and complain about not getting the right shampoo, her dad buying store brand food to make ends meet, not having the minutes on her phone.

All I can do is sit and shake my head.

Take a look at this thread and see if it really matters that you aren't eating steak... at least you're eating. Take a look at this thread and see if it matters if your hair is light and fluffy. At least you have a home in which to shower.

Darryl, in the hardships you've suffered your perspective is one of an equilibrium. Homes, possessions, can be replaced. Lives can't be. Oh, sure, we all have things that would be hard to loose in the same case; those irreplaceable pictures, those favorite little items of our loved ones, but the memories are still there and those can't be lost.

Help those folks who need the help, Brother, physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Sometimes it puts things in perspective.

There's a young lady who's been hanging out with my best friend. All she does it ***** and complain about not getting the right shampoo, her dad buying store brand food to make ends meet, not having the minutes on her phone.

All I can do is sit and shake my head.

Take a look at this thread and see if it really matters that you aren't eating steak... at least you're eating. Take a look at this thread and see if it matters if your hair is light and fluffy. At least you have a home in which to shower.

Darryl, in the hardships you've suffered your perspective is one of an equilibrium. Homes, possessions, can be replaced. Lives can't be. Oh, sure, we all have things that would be hard to loose in the same case; those irreplaceable pictures, those favorite little items of our loved ones, but the memories are still there and those can't be lost.

Help those folks who need the help, Brother, physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Thank you Robert

Back when this thread started I did not have a clue how bad it was, I sen the picture of
some folks laughing in the water with there van in the water.. I changed my post because
it was inappropriate because I did not realize the amount of devastation that is going on :sign3:
know that I read this I am ashamed that I have not checked in on this thread again..
Keep up the support and I hope the pain and suffering you must be seeing get's a little better soon, my Prayers are sent out to all the folks that has lost there homes and seeing there communities washed away buy this water, stay safe as you do your duty for the folks around you Darryl, mother nature sure has been hard on many folks .
It has been a few years but we lost a couple bridges and a town was under water for
over a week because of heavy rains, they called it a 100 year flood, Hardy Arkansas is now back on its feet but the scares are still visible.

I hope there is many folks like you up there Darryl, bless you for all you are doing sir.

Back when this thread started I did not have a clue how bad it was, I sen the picture of
some folks laughing in the water with there van in the water.. I changed my post because
it was inappropriate because I did not realize the amount of devastation that is going on :sign3:
know that I read this I am ashamed that I have not checked in on this thread again..
Keep up the support and I hope the pain and suffering you must be seeing get's a little better soon, my Prayers are sent out to all the folks that has lost there homes and seeing there communities washed away buy this water, stay safe as you do your duty for the folks around you Darryl, mother nature sure has been hard on many folks .
It has been a few years but we lost a couple bridges and a town was under water for
over a week because of heavy rains, they called it a 100 year flood, Hardy Arkansas is now back on its feet but the scares are still visible.

I hope there is many folks like you up there Darryl, bless you for all you are doing sir.

Thank you Mike
When this thread started the flood did not happen yet, so you and I did not know.
I seen this thread before it happened and thought "ya it is rain pretty hard"
Then less than 24 hours is when it hit us.
So that is why I posted in it because it said "Alberta".
Mike It was appropriate because it did not happen yet, so everything
is good.

Came home for lunch and off for another load.
Man it stinks in my van,must be some rotten food in the bags ,Yum Yum.

Darryl

X2 what Darryl said. Nobody knew when I started this thread what was coming. It was a funny pic to start but that was then. Alberta is in recovery mode now. This has devastated many homes, let alone complete towns. 10 inches of rain in the hills in 3 days has left a pretty good scar. But the people, like Darryl, are pulling together to overcome this tragedy. The best part of this is that there were very few casualties, in the line of lives lost. As you guys said, material can be replaced.
Keep up the great spirit you are promoting Darryl.

X2 what Darryl said. Nobody knew when I started this thread what was coming. It was a funny pic to start but that was then. Alberta is in recovery mode now. This has devastated many homes, let alone complete towns. 10 inches of rain in the hills in 3 days has left a pretty good scar. But the people, like Darryl, are pulling together to overcome this tragedy. The best part of this is that there were very few casualties, in the line of lives lost. As you guys said, material can be replaced.
Keep up the great spirit you are promoting Darryl.

Thank you gdrill

It takes a tragedy to wake some of us up including me. Some of us take
day to day life for granted and complain at the smallest not important
things.
The one thing that really gets me is how some of us talk to each other.
It happens here and it happens everywhere . Who every we are, we
should talk to one another with respect.
I just rambling off here >young and old,rich or poor,male or female,
black or white,smart or not so smart, strong or weak. Never look down on someone.

With this flood I notice that everyone is being respectful to one another.
This was not the case before the flood,most everyone was living a fast
life.me me me go go go complain complain complain,put a little water(lots)
in the mix and now we realize why did I act that way or why did I complain about that smallest thing.

I am guilty of these also. We have to look at ourselfs in the mirror.
Is it going to take a tragedy to change us?

It happen to me when I lost my wife. I have changed. I am not who I use
to be.

Darryl

Thank you gdrill

things.
black or white,smart or not so smart, strong or weak. Never look down on someone.

in the mix and now we realize why did I act that way or why did I complain about that smallest thing.

to be.

Darryl

Well said Darryl!! Dont change bud!

Thank you gdrill

things.

to be.

Darryl

Ain't that all the truth.

-
Back