What’s this trim piece?

-

DentalDart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is this a door trim piece? I have 4 pieces of it and I have no clue where it goes, came with the parts in my 1969 dart.

First right answer gets a gold star!

IMG_3115.jpeg

IMG_3116.jpeg

IMG_3117.jpeg

IMG_3119.jpeg

Convertible top covers ? - left & right ...not sure what car though.

Yup people think the parts for these cars is all the same year to year but there are differences...its possible someone thought they went to a 69 car...

Yup people think the parts for these cars is all the same year to year but there are differences...its possible someone thought they went to a 69 car...

Do 69s have them? I don’t know, never have looked on my other 69. I don’t think I do though.

Do 69s have them? I don’t know, never have looked on my other 69. I don’t think I do though.
No, 68 and 69 were different. Same frames but different upholstery. 70 was the advent of high back seats. Cheaper to build in the mandatory headrests rather than make them in two separate assemblies.

Same frames but different upholstery
Just for clarification...

66 and 67 A body and b body buckets seat frames are he same.

66 and 67 A body metal back and side covers are the same, 67 B body metal back is different, sides might be the same.

68 up they added the seat latch to keep the seat back upright.

Not sure if the frames are identical 68 and 69.

No, 68 and 69 were different. Same frames but different upholstery. 70 was the advent of high back seats. Cheaper to build in the mandatory headrests rather than make them in two separate assemblies.

I know this, I was only asking about if they 69 has bottom trim pieces.

Just for clarification...

66 and 67 A body and b body buckets seat frames are he same.

66 and 67 A body metal back and side covers are the same, 67 B body metal back is different, sides might be the same.

68 up they added the seat latch to keep the seat back upright.

Not sure if the frames are identical 68 and 69.
Same frames. I have disassembled and rebuilt 67 -69 A-body buckets.
I know this, I was only asking about if they 69 has bottom trim pieces.

No trim pieces, only trim pieces are hinge covers and metal medallions on deluxe seat option.

Is the 68 up tip forward latch a bolt on part to the frame?
Hi Dana67Dart,

Here's some pics of the last set of seats I did.

68 frames.

Hopefully there is an answer to your question in here LOL !

Cheers!

dscn5167-jpg.jpg

dscn5168-jpg.jpg

dscn5171-jpg.jpg

dscn5172-jpg.jpg

dscn5173-jpg.jpg

Isn't this the seat back lock that does not exist in 67?

Screenshot_20230525-112436.png

Screenshot_20230525-113020.png

I don't mean to be argumentive, you are just contradicting what I have been told for the last 5 years ( not that what I have been told is right :rofl: )

Last edited:
Isn't this the seat back lock that does not exist in 67?

View attachment 1716094179
View attachment 1716094180
I don't mean to be argumentive, you are just contradicting what I have been told for the last 5 years ( not that what I have been told is right :rofl: )

Not at all! No worries!!

Now I get what you are referring to.

You are correct!

No seat Back latch on 67 seat backs. You can plainly see the addition in the 68-69 seat base.

-
Back