What’s it worth?

-
If I were in the market for a car I’d pay $30,000 for this car. I like it and remember most will change things up a little after buying an old car to make it more their own anyways.

It seems the “factory stock” cars are much easier to sell then a car that is customized or modified these days. A car that is untouched is an open canvas for the new owner to shape it in his (hers) dream machine. You did a really nice work on the Dart, now you need to find someone to sell it to with having your tastes.

I always used the 80% rule, for example if you say you have $30.000 dollars in the car multiply by .80% 30.000 x .80 = 24,000 dollars this is where I would start the bid.

What I feel the car is worth…. is in the high 20’s. The Dart is very nice looking, I would be happy to own it.

It's not for me but you have a great looking car! It looks very well done. And I can relate to your comments about enjoying the RMVB and stroker on the streets. They are a hoot!

I'm sure there is someone out there who will think that car is gorgeous and they have to have it and will pay you what you want for it. After working on it for 10 years, make darn sure you really do want to part with it. I wish you all the best if you do end up selling it.

I too like the car a lot, but I'm gonna say something you may not want to hear. It depends on WHEN you sell something, right now couldn't be worse. The economy sucks, guys are getting rid of these things because many need the cash now and to top it off, it seems there are a lot of very very reasonably priced A bodies out there right now. Just my honest opinion.

I too like the car a lot, but I'm gonna say something you may not want to hear. It depends on WHEN you sell something, right now couldn't be worse. The economy sucks, guys are getting rid of these things because many need the cash now and to top it off, it seems there are a lot of very very reasonably priced A bodies out there right now. Just my honest opinion.
I agree.
And, the lower priced classics are hard sells in hard or hard ish times. Times today are not great for everyone. Inflation takes its toll, credit card debt at all time high, cost of credit.
The wealthy buy the high end cars, we all know, like hemi, max wedge, Bss 302, 70 454 Chevelle.
There are also people waiting till after the election to before making any purchase of especially bigger ticket items.

Bought mine a year ago. Paid less than 20. Not as finished as yours but similar. I am a Mopar guy but got a car with some flipper red flags anyway. I am getting older and wanted a fun driveable ride that I could still put my stamp on. I shopped for a year. I still do, every day. I would put yours at 25-30 as well but, as has been stated somewhat differently above, you will wait for people with an attitude towards the car more akin to mine for mine. My motto is: It's my money, I drive what I like, to please...me.

I agree.
And, the lower priced classics are hard sells in hard or hard ish times. Times today are not great for everyone. Inflation takes its toll, credit card debt at all time high, cost of credit.
Yea no. You don’t get to speak for “everyone”. Some of us are much better off today. Like me for example.

Luckily I’m not in a hurry or in need of cash so no need for a fire sale.
The past few years I’ve been thinking if someone made me the right offer I’d probably let it go.
Most the numbers that are being thrown around are about what I expected.
Here in central Texas it’s car show/cruise season since it is cooling down so I was thinking of testing the waters.

Luckily I’m not in a hurry or in need of cash so no need for a fire sale.
Another route is trade plus cash. Have your cash price (32K) and stick to it. But have a couple rides in mind and you might get a nice rust free body with a stack to build another rod. The trade has to be something you got a hard in for, otherwise you are in the same position. Guns, backhoe, property…..it could be anything.

pickup that has not run in 20 years.
As long as its a 47 ford COE……and 27K. Not this nice of course

IMG_1377.png

-
Back