What 10 1/2 street/strip clutch are you using?

-

az426hemi

Reaction score
I have a stout 450 hp 383 Dart going together. I have 3.23 gears for normal street use and 4.56 gears with slicks for the strip. I need a good clutch without breaking the bank if possible. I have used the Mcleod long style before and that worked out pretty good. What are your suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

I USE CENTERFORCE OR RAM. IN A STREET APPLICATION THE RAM MAY WORK BETTER FOR YOU. I RUN A CENTERFORCE IN MY RACE CAR AND A RAM DUAL DISC IN STREET CARS. JUST WHAT I DO. GOOD LUCK

I run a Hays street/strip long style. Been in there for almost 10 years and gets hammered mercilessly. I'd buy another.

Zoom is still made in USA. I don't know about the rest.

If you already have the long PP you are already there. Just make sure you can adjust the pressure plate for base pressure and counter weight and run a sintered iron disc. It won't break parts and th car will be quicker and faster.

Sintered iron is the ONLY way to go.

I have a stout 420 hp367 cuber.I run a 3.55 on the street, or pretty much anything at one time or another. I've run a 4.30 at the track, this one time.
I've run the Zoom kit, and Now I have the CenterForce. I found the CFII disc too harsh for street, so now I run a Chrysler 340 organic disc. The CFII breaks stuff. I like the diaphragm; it's easy to modulate in traffic or parades, and barks the tires when I want it to..

-
Back