what /6

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
hey all, where on the block can i find out what size my /6 is? it is in a 74 dart and wanting to get rid of it just don't know what size to tell folks. Thanks.
Jeff

It is stamped on a small pad that sticks out on the block deck towards the front of the motor on the right side kind of between the #1 & #2 spark.

Chuck

By 74 they were all 225's The 170 was dropped when the 198 came out and the 198 was only available until 71 or 72.

Right they were available from 69-74 but there were very few being opted for by 74 which is why they were discontinued. So I should have said most not all were 225's

Thanks for the replies folks. But I must be blind now that I have retired from the Army after 21+years. I could not see any type of pad on the right side of the motor near #1 or #2 spark. All I seen was the alt bracket. I did see however on the left side what appears to be cast number (2806830-7, would that tell me what size it is? Only reason I ask is I want to get rid of it but need to know what size to tell folks interested. All the help I can get would be great. Thanks again.
Jeff

If you look closely at the shiny area between the #1 and #2 spark plugs in this pic you can almost make out numbers. That is where you look.
MVC-004F.JPG

MVC-004F.JPG

check the inner fender on the drivers side in the engine bay. you might still have a green and white emmisions information sticker on it. it will say the engine c.i.d. there, as well as some timing info. etc..

-
Back