What air cleaner assembly to use

-

keith9291

Reaction score
I am looking for a little direction as far as air cleaners go, I know this should be a fairly easy choice but I am just not sure. I was looking at the black Mopar one that matches the valve covers. I noticed its 13 1/4, I didnt notice any replacement 13 1/4 air cleaners in the Summit catalog I was thumbing thru. I was also looking at the K&N Xstream. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions to brand and size, or does it really matter that much as to which one I go with? Here is Engine will I need to worry about height? Thanks!

DSC01896.jpg

I run an air gap and have the air cleaner to match your valve covers. Its tight but it does fit. I had to take the wing nut off and go with a straight nut as the wing nut just touched,

IMG_0530.jpg

I run an air gap and have the air cleaner to match your valve covers. Its tight but it does fit. I had to take the wing nut off and go with a straight nut as the wing nut just touched,

Is the 13 1/4" replacement easy to find?

Does that air cleaner have a drop base?

E-brock makes an air filter with a drop base that fits on there carbs. It comes with a filter but you could chang it to what ever you want. Like a K/N.

mopar has replacement air filters, i have the same as 69gts, but my hood hit on my 69. i have a 340 with air gap and holley 650 carb. i just went to napa and gave them my dimensions and had them get one that was just a little shorter. fits well andim happy with it.

I am looking for a little direction as far as air cleaners go, I know this should be a fairly easy choice but I am just not sure. I was looking at the black Mopar one that matches the valve covers. I noticed its 13 1/4, I didnt notice any replacement 13 1/4 air cleaners in the Summit catalog I was thumbing thru. I was also looking at the K&N Xstream. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions to brand and size, or does it really matter that much as to which one I go with? Here is Engine will I need to worry about height? Thanks!

DSC01896.jpg

having worked at a NAPA store I know they can find the filter you need simply by looking by dimensions.

The K&N Extreme package set up, with lid, is an excellent item. I have one myself. I don't know off hand if K&N make a replacemnt filter for the MP lid set up, but something should be close in there line up.

-
Back