What all do i need for the super6 conversion?

-

porksoda

Reaction score
What all do I need to do the super6 conversion?
I ask because I went to my local junk yard and they have a Volare Wagon with a super6 in it.
I was gonna just pull off the intake but I have been hearing I need the following (linkage, exhaust manifold, carb).
They guy at the yard said I can have the intake and manifold for $25. As long as I remove it myself.
I am not sure if he was including the carb or not.
I just dont want to leave an important part behind.
Any tips on removing some of these parts?
Well thanks for the help!

Sounds like you are going to get a deal here.

You'll want

Intake
Exhaust (not necessary but nice to have if its not cracked. It'll match up with the 2bbl intake better than taking your old one and surfacing them to match)
Carb
Air Cleaner
Kickdown linkage (you'll have to get under the car and disconnect from transmission)
All brackets attached to the manifolds

Take a can of PB Blaster with you in case the manifold nuts are tough to get off. Might as well take the nuts and triangle washers holding the manifolds to the head as well. Even if you already have a set, there are guys always looking for them.

That should be all you need.

Sounds like you are going to get a deal here.

You'll want

Intake
Exhaust (not necessary but nice to have if its not cracked. It'll match up with the 2bbl intake better than taking your old one and surfacing them to match)
Carb
Air Cleaner
Kickdown linkage (you'll have to get under the car and disconnect from transmission)
All brackets attached to the manifolds

Take a can of PB Blaster with you in case the manifold nuts are tough to get off. Might as well take the nuts and triangle washers holding the manifolds to the head as well. Even if you already have a set, there are guys always looking for them.

That should be all you need.

Thanks for the help!

What car is this setup going in?

In my 1966 Dodge Dart GT(check sig).

Does your 66 have a throttle cable? or a rod? I cant remember when they changed but, if your is a rod, you will need to find/make a cable for your setup.

Ahh i just looked at your build, it seems i might need to change mine to a cable, mine is a 64 valiant. Thats if i ever go super six or not.

I pulled everything yesterday with my friend.
They ended up just charging me 25 for everything so SCORE!
The onlything I lack is the air cleaner. The air cleaner was a crushed.
I am thinking I should probably order a carb rebuild kit and freshen it up.
Also I was thinking of dressing up the intake and exhaust manifold.
What colors should I paint them?

Also while in the yard I found a 4-door Dart(maybe 70-71?).
It was a slant6 car. When I first saw it I said to myself that there is going to be nothing for me on the car because it was painted with house paint and a brush lol.
I pop the hood and I see some wires hanging from the distributor.
So I pull the distributor and find a PerTronix Ignitor kit inside the distributor.
I ask the guy at the yard and he said I can have the kit!
So I took some pictures on how it was installed on the distributor and pulled everything out. I made sure to look up on my phone to see what all I needed for the kit.
It was kinda weird because the guy said dont take the distributor but you can have the stuff inside it. lol.
Well that my update so far.

I wish our yards were like that lol. That super six would cost at least $250 at my yard.

I wish our yards were like that lol. That super six would cost at least $250 at my yard.

The guy at the yard said they are just in the business for the metal.
The whole car part is just for extra money. He said he tries to sell everything for the weight of scrap metal. Its pretty awesome to just go in there and pull off what ever parts you want.

The thing that sucks though is that they are crushing cars daily so cars dont last very long. They will be in the yard for about 5 days and then they get sent to the crusher.
The minute I took off the super6 stuff they took the volare to the crusher.
I always go by like once a week to see if there is anything good.

Here is my $25 junkyard find.

101_1587.jpg

101_1589.jpg

This super6 set-up was in a Volare Wagon. A friend and I pulled it off like a few minutes before they were going to crush it. lol.

-
Back