What am i missing here?

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i just picked up my 340 and 4 speed setup, and i am wondering if i am missing something that mounts to the frame, where the z-bar ball/stud mounts? here is the pic of the z bar and ball i got with the trans. is there another plate that is welded to the frame? do i need it? also, is there a spot on the car that shows where this would fit? like how they put dimples in the floor of an a-body to show where the buckets seat bolt holes would go if it had buckets.

any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 003.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 127
well i know on our hemi cars that ball stud thing bolts thru that hole on the drivers side, in the corner just above the frame rail.

right, but i am told that there is another plate that is SUPPOSED to go on the car, near the framerail, where the ball stud goes through the frame? like a support or something?

ok, i just looked at the diagram, and the plate i am talking about is called the 'TORQUE SHAFT BRACKET"..IT IS ON THE INNER LOWER FENDER WELL. WHAERE DO I GET THIS PLATE? WOuld it have to come off a straight gear car? or would it still be on the body, even if it had a auto trans? i am putting a 340 and 4-speed in a 71 scamp that was a /6 auto

ok, i just looked at the diagram, and the plate i am talking about is called the 'TORQUE SHAFT BRACKET"..IT IS ON THE INNER LOWER FENDER WELL. WHAERE DO I GET THIS PLATE? WOuld it have to come off a straight gear car? or would it still be on the body, even if it had a auto trans? i am putting a 340 and 4-speed in a 71 scamp that was a /6 auto

yes there is a plate on the out side of the inner fender, think we get ours thru passion.

Here's an old picture I have saved of what one looks like. I think there all the same you can knock them off with a chisel pretty easy if you find one in a scrap yard somewhere.

phone_pics223.jpg

got a link? or what is their store name

-
Back