what am I missing?

-

RonF

Reaction score
I have a 73 Duster slant six. I am trying to re-hook the tranny linkage to the steering column. The linkage hooks through a hole in the column. As you see in the pictures it appears that I am missing a connector or something where the linkage attaches to the column. Please advise me what I am missing and where do I get it! thanks in advance!

Ron :)

Attachments

• tran1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 155
  • tran2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 159
  • steering1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 145
  • steering2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 154
I know its missing a clip but the hole seems to big for the rod going through it.

should be just a rod that come in from the bottom, with a flat section that slides over that nubby and attaches with a clip

do you still have all those parts?

Mine was a plastic linkage bushing. Doorman has an assortment with the one in it.

There's a rubber grommet that goes into the arm on the steering column and a small brass bushing that slides over the rod end to make up the size difference. At least that's how mine is.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 133
  • ColumnShifter.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 170
Thanks for the pictures! So I need that plastic piece for the steering column and looks like another piece goes on the end of the linkage? Where can I get these?

Most auto parts have a linkage bushing assortment by doorman there are two in the pack of six that work if I remember around 8 for the pack

there's a rubber grommet that goes into the arm on the steering column and a small brass bushing that slides over the rod end to make up the size difference. At least that's how mine is.

this^^

The rubber grommet with brass bushing was up to 72 and in 73 they switched to the plastic bushing just like they did for the wiper linkage.

I'm not sure if it's a through bushing or loos like the above pic. I'm sure someone can post a pic of theirs.

340doc
can you take a picture of yours and post it for me?

The one I got was like a wiper bushing closed end to hold the grease. It has a plastic ring molded inside that clips around the grove on the shaft when pressed in. They can be fun to get in when they are new.

-
Back