what are good tires for 64 dart slant 6

-

rdb

Reaction score
Mine don't look too bad but no idea how old the are... 2 are matched Coopers, other 2 don't match each other. Best one would be the spare.

My tire guys say they can't get anything in whitewall from their suppliers. They showed me a site Coker Tire, but those tires are expensive as hell, 150 -175 each.

What are you all using?

What size rims do you have?? That would go a long way towards finding tires best suited for your application! Minimum, if they're 13" I would be looking to upgrade to 14" rims and tires to get a little better handling, not to mention tire selection! The most popular size depends on the width of the rim also, so finding some 14x5.5" rims would be what I would be doing! Assuming you have the original small 4" bolt pattern, you could buy some SBP rallyes, which are 14x5.5", or look for some original steel rims in the 5.5" width! Then you could use up to a 215mm wide 14" tire and get the best road feel! JMO of course!!

If you think $150-$175 is "expensive as hell" your selection is going to be pretty small, and mostly limited to "off brand" tires. Even most BFG T/A's will set you back at least $120, and that's for the skinny little things.

http://tirecrawler.com

You can shop around, but these guys have pretty good prices. I've ordered three sets of tires from them in the last year or so, and I'll give them a thumbs up since I haven't had a problem with anything they've sent me.

You didn't mention what size you're looking for, or what kind of driving you're going to do. As an example, though, you can buy Cooper Cobra Radial GTs in 215/75-15 for about $75 each, which shouldn't break the bank.

This is a great question.
Your car probably had 13" diameter tires and today the selection is almost non-existant.
So as mentioned you'll probably need to buy some 14" wheels, they came in 4.5" wide & 5.5" wide - a set of the small bolt pattern Rally wheels is a good idea as you won't need new wheel covers.
Assuming you have the 14" wheels a good value is the Kuhmo Solas KR21 205-70-r14.
The 14" and new radial tires should make a noticeable improvement in ride.

I like Cooper Trendsetter tires. They don't look to modern on our old cars and they come with a narrow white wall too.

Thank you for all the info. Seems like going up to 14" wheels is the trend. will consider this but doesn't that mess w/ your speedometer accuracy?

Thank you for all the info. Seems like going up to 14" wheels is the trend. will consider this but doesn't that mess w/ your speedometer accuracy?

Tim size doesn't alter your speedo reading. Tire height does. If you have a 13" tire" 14"tire and say a 18" tire that are all the same height the speedo will read the same with all those tires

I found out most 13 inch are boat trailer tires. I just purchased a set of Hankook 14 inch white wall tires and like them. Did not break the bank either. Only took a day to get them.

Tim size doesn't alter your speedo reading. Tire height does. If you have a 13" tire" 14"tire and say a 18" tire that are all the same height the speedo will read the same with all those tires

So then going up to 14" rims would change speedo reading.... I guess you could calculate how much...

Everyone is saying 14" is the way to go.

So then going up to 14" rims would change speedo reading.... I guess you could calculate how much...

The only way a 14 rim could change the speedo reading if the tire height as mentioned above is different than the height of the 13 in tire you have.
If your 13 inchers are say 24 inches tall (185x80-13 for example) and the 14 inch tires are 26 inches tall (205x75-14 for example) then the speedo will be off.

Everyone is saying 14" is the way to go.

No! Read what I typed again. Rim size doesn't matter. Tire height does.

Are you looking for a matched set of 4?

Mastercraft 05807, 51$ each. Not sure if they'd fit on the front because of the height but they will for sure fit on the rear.

Next tires I could find start at 185$.

Personally, unless you are in love with your 13" wheels, I'd move up to a 15" and then the door is wide open in wheel and tire election.

Are you looking for a matched set of 4?

Mastercraft 05807, 51$ each. Not sure if they'd fit on the front because of the height but they will for sure fit on the rear.

Next tires I could find start at 185$.

Personally, unless you are in love with your 13" wheels, I'd move up to a 15" and then the door is wide open in wheel and tire election.

15" wheels are wide open selection for small bolt pattern?? Since when??

I switched to a 15 inch rim. and the small bolt pattern is very limited on rim selection but the tire selection is good. i opted for a 195/60r15 which is 1" taller than the factory 13" tire and rim combo. thought about going to a 195/55r15 but the sidewall height is a bit on the short side.

15" wheels are wide open selection for small bolt pattern?? Since when??

I meant wide open selection of tires. However there are still a decent amount of rims made as well.

However on summit alone there are 48 wheels with the 5x4" bolt pattern ranging from 14-17".

-
Back