what are my heads?

-

71violet

Reaction score
Does the 1701 # cast into one of my heads mean anything? Just trying to figure out what they are, if they're worth porting. Thanks in advance for any input.

Does the 1701 # cast into one of my heads mean anything? Just trying to figure out what they are, if they're worth porting. Thanks in advance for any input.

what engine are they for? there is a number locator that tells u where the numbers are that identify them

Knowing what they came off of would help a lot. Rest assured though, that whatever they are, they are better than a Blowtie.

the heads are on a 360, I bought the car running, I have a receipt from a head shop that says they are 915. The 1701 was the only number I could find with the rocker shaft still on.

well from what i could find there either 3418915(1970 340-6TA), 3418915(71-72 360), 3481915(72 340). one of these numbers should be on the heads, i belive on the top of the intake port, center ones?

out of town right now, but tomorrow I'll see what else I can get for a # Thanks for the help guys. So likely they are 915's. Are they all 2.02's?, and a good head as far as performance goes? I don't think they're ported and want to get at it before spring.

'71-'72 360s would be J heads with 1.88" intake valves. Very good heads to start with and well worth the work. The next step up would be W2s.

although i have 915s with 2.02 valves so it depends. mine are O heads see if you can find any letters on there to see if they are the 2.02 or the 1.88 heads

I'll pull them off and see what numbers and valve sizes I come up with

I pulled a header off and saw that the heads are already ported, bowls and guide bosses, so they're staying on. Woohoo! saves me 40 hours work. Only a couple 1000 miles on engine. I'll assume they're 915's like the receipts says for now. Cam questions coming up!

-
Back