What are stock 360 exhaust manifolds?

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
I have an '85 block 360 that I am having work done on it and I dropped the exhaust manifolds off to get cleaned up and resurfaced. My question is this... What do the stock 360 manifolds look like? and also if these are '85 model exhaust manifolds would they differ in size and appearance? These have a center dump and I wasn't sure if all 360 manifolds had these. I just want to make sure these manifolds would be able to fit fine in my '74 duster.

I have numbers for both sides. The driver side cast number is 4227637 and the passenger side is 3870055.

Pictures of these would be nice if you have any. Thanks again !

Aaron

yup you are probably right, the engine (from hearing the story from my granparents) was out of some truck that was suppose to be suped up for racing, then was bought to be used in one of their Dodge Maxi-vans. If these are truck manifolds then would these still be able to fit in my duster? If not what do the car manifolds look like? Thanks

Aaron

If they are truck manifolds, center dumps, then they won't fit very well in an A body. The outlets will point at everything you need to get around to complete your exhaust plumbing.

Hmm.. just by looking at the manifolds they appear as though the outlets kind of tuck inward toward the block. I should of gotten a picture of them but they are at the machine shop now, he isn't going to touch them until I give the say so. So let me get this straight, you guys are saying center dump manifolds are for truck and rear dumps are for cars? so these manifolds are no go on for my duster? I don't know if it makes any difference but on the outside of the manifolds they have some ribs cast on the outside that are horizontal, not sure if you can determine what they are by that.Thanks

Does anyone on here have any pictures of stock 360 manifolds for me to compare to ??

Here's the driver side on mine that came out of a 1972 Dodge Polara
part no. 3418621-1

360_manifold.jpg

Here's the passenger side...it is a center dump part no. is 3418623

36001.jpg

They have the large intake ports and dumps.

Here are pics of the correct Left Side manifold. Sorry they're not great, but I'm still waiting for this part to arrive in the mail! That "Polara" one in the above pic is actually a B/C/E manifold, the right one is correct for A/B/E bodies.

(Left is rear dump, right is center dump).

I think the right side one from the truck will work OK. That's what's in my car now. (74 Dustbag, 360 into a slant-6 K-frame)

Tony, any clearance issues??

360exhaustmanleft1.jpg

360exhaustmanleft2.jpg

-
Back