What are the best headers for 66 Dart V8?

-
Good info here. Thanks.8)
It will come in handy when I put the 340 in Tammy's 66.

Well, I can tell you guys now if the tti's and Doug's were easily available back when I was doing that I wouldn't ran the fender wells that's for sure.

Well, I can tell you guys now if the tti's and Doug's were easily available back when I was doing that I wouldn't ran the fender wells that's for sure.
I,m kind of leaning towards the spitfires now for price and easy fitment.As long as they don,t take forever to get here?

As a Canadian who ordered Spitfires, I would suggest if you have a friend or family member in the states, I would go that route. Harold will not do COD to Canada (I don't think it is possible) so you either pay up front and wait, or you can send the money to a friend south of the border and still wait, but know where you money is.

Once I actually recieved the headers 3-4 months later they were of good quality and fit quite well (I did not have power steering).

what ever you do DON'T order spitfires unless you can get them COD
I talked to Harold today,I had mentioned about delivery times.Said he can ship out today.I had mentioned about horror stories,he said he,s cleaned up his act?Also other members here have dealt with him THIS YEAR and have had delivery in 1-2 weeks.So I,m gonna give him the benifit of dought and order.People do change and said he,s making a bunch for stock(for early A,s)$260 delivered to my door in Canada is better than$1000 plus from Doug,s or TTI. 1 U.S dollar=$1.27 Can. I,ll let you guys know how I make out!

yea yea yea, i talked to him a while back and he told me the same thing. and since then some people that have recently ordered have gotten them in two weeks. others that have recently ordered didn't have them in two months. hopefully you will get them fast. but if you don't make sure you don't ***** about it because you were warned. to me COD gives him incentive to actually get them out fast. if you pay ahead of time there is none. you may want to do another search here because i remember one maybe two guys in the last few months that have been waiting a long time for their headders that they already paid for.

oh on your column shift you may have to lengthen your steering column a tad to get that to clear everything. we had to do it on djv's 66 column shift cuda.

What are the best headers for a V8 in a 66 Dart?I have p.steering also a column shift,which I,ll be swapping out for a floor shifter.

Doug,s??
TTI,s ??
Spitfire,s shortys ??

Which ones and why ??

Thanks for your advise!
If you live near the border at Detroit you can always bring your car here and have a set made. Quite a few custom header guys locally. I've seen some nice headers made for $900. I had mine custom made back in 2001 when there was no options but the fenderwells. back then with the coating they were $1200. Since then more people are in the business of making custom headers and I think they've come down in price. Jayson

don't know if they're the best ,but they sure look neat !!

mo 66 001.jpg

mo 66 005.jpg

Yellow68runner,nice car!A/c to boot.How,s she stop with that teeny weeny master cylinder?Abodyjoe,I guess I,m taking my chances with the spitfires?If I don,t see them by 3 weeks,I,ll be sending out the posse!Let,s hope it doesn,t get to that.Thanks for the advise on the column shaft(lengthening)I,ve just found a m.box locally,thank God that would have cost me in shipping!I went back to work tonight,so I,ve got to put a couple hours each day in,to get that 6 cyl. outta there.

:-DIv'e heard spitfires have gotten alot better since the earlier versions. for $350 US. you get headers that fit with no cutting and delivery time is better as well I hear. I also hear Laysons bought the pattern. Performance wise....who knows, who cares...they flow better then early A manifolds. I am considering them. Times are tight...1200 headers? my wife would castrate me

:-DIv'e heard spitfires have gotten alot better since the earlier versions. for $350 US. you get headers that fit with no cutting and delivery time is better as well I hear. I also hear Laysons bought the pattern. Performance wise....who knows, who cares...they flow better then early A manifolds. I am considering them. Times are tight...1200 headers? my wife would castrate me

i doubt they "bought" the design. probably bought a set of spitfires and copied them then doubled the price.

the spitfires are nice. djvcuda goes mid 12's with them. he went from 340 manifolds to the spitfires and the difference was incredible.

just buy them COD and i don't think you'll have a problem.

hopefully everything works out for pettybludart.

Yes I know. I was single when I was building my car back then and I could do whatever I wanted. I was doing a lot of travel work and was making extra money so it paid for my dart build. At the time that's what the custom made mandrel bend headers where going for. Jysnflem

-
Back