What are these called ?? (273 Valve cover wire holders)

-

Blue62Val

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need the bits on the valve cover that hold the spark plug leads in place.
It's a 65 273 Barracuda, but I can not think of the name of these damn things. I'm searching around but must be typing in the wrong thing.

Figured I'd ask.

Peter

barracuda-engine-bay1.jpg

IIRC there are 2 difference styles - 1 long one that fits over the bracket and the other with individual retainers for each plug wire.

I ordered these and they worked for me. They call they spark plug wire separators they list the years 66 to 68

[/URL][/URL]
They are expensive individually but do a good job. The classic industries ones fit the smaller factory wires. In order to use them on larger diameter wires I found if I close them up and using a vice grip that has the rounded jaws and squeeze them slightly- I drilled very carefully the nylon (guessing what they are made of) till I got the needed fit. They should hold the wires snug and not squeeze them too much.

THose are for 67 covers if we are talking about the HP covers only. . 65 and 66 covers use the individual ones.
These are 65 and 66 retainers

1725970500230.png

THose are for 67 covers. 65 and 66 covers use the individual ones.
Sorry Mike- I did not even open the post. I ASSumed it was the individual ones we were speaking about. Poor OP must really be confused.

Might also be called Spark Plug Seperators or wire looms

Sorry Mike- I did not even open the post. I ASSumed it was the individual ones we were speaking about. Poor OP must really be confused.
Yes they are the individual ones that he needs.

Hi guys,

I need the bits on the valve cover that hold the spark plug leads in place.
It's a 65 273 Barracuda, but I can not think of the name of these damn things. I'm searching around but must be typing in the wrong thing.

Figured I'd ask.

Peter

View attachment 1716301398
Your photo is the '67 version. They're different than the '65-6 engines, which use individual wire holders and not the dual holders. The valve covers reflect that change. The '67 covers have a slot between the wire openings in the aluminum finned bracket which the holders lock into. The '65-6 valve covers don't have that slot.

-
Back