What are these wheels, Old Centerlines?

-

hemi135

Reaction score
I got these in a recent vehicle purchase but the two fronts I have are clearly Centerlines 15x 5 and stamped clearly, "Centerline". These rears pictured have four bolts on the outer front edge if you look close and they have no "Centerline" markings. They are I believe 15x8's.

They sure look like it. I'm thinking the screws are there to keep the tire from spinning on the wheel.

They sure look like it. I'm thinking the screws are there to keep the tire from spinning on the wheel.

Yeah, they do look like Centerlines but just not sure. Maybe just really old ones. I am not into racing stuff, so I'm just not to keen on the possible racing equipment type stuff. I am just into the original stuff. On the hub I see "Use polyglas tires only". I will try to take a closer pic on the 4 bolts near the rim edge tomorrow and post.

American Racing made a Centerline knock off so it's probably what they are

I have never seen a Center Line wheel not stamped CENTER LINE. I mounted my first tire in 1973. I ain't seen um all, but I've seen a lot.

I have never seen a Center Line wheel not stamped CENTER LINE. I mounted my first tire in 1973. I ain't seen um all, but I've seen a lot.

same here. every auto drag I have ever seen is marked "Centerline" right at the wheel register

these are genuine 1983 and they have 28 rivets........ so I don't know

Attachments

• a282.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 280
Just some more info, I have a pair of centerlines I bought new in the early 80's they are not stamped "Centerline" by the lug holes. I also have a pair that I bought used about 8 years ago that are newer, These are stamped by the lug holes. I can only assume that sometime after I bought the new ones they started stamping them. Hope this helps!

Just some more info, I have a pair of centerlines I bought new in the early 80's they are not stamped "Centerline" by the lug holes. I also have a pair that I bought used about 8 years ago that are newer, These are stamped by the lug holes. I can only assume that sometime after I bought the new ones they started stamping them. Hope this helps!

Yes, my skinny fronts are stamped at the hub but these rears pictured are most likely older and no stamp is present.

-
Back