What are these???

-

roosduster

Colorado Mopar
Reaction score
I need help identifying these and also does anyone know where I can get any. I know one is just a plate but i dont remember mine coming with just a plate there. Thanks

what are these.JPG

It's emissions control crap, I wouldn't worry bout it. If you want, I will sell ya the ones in my Dart. I don't use them.

looks like some kind of carb bowl vent..are there any more nipples on the back of it?

I think it was used inline for the vac advance on the dist. I think it worked through a combination of a ported vac switch mounted in the radiator & engine vac. It was used to control dist vac advance during warm up.

No no no, that is an emmisions peice that is to delay the timing advancement on the distributor.
The vaccum line is to come from the distributors vaccum advance to that and then to the carb. The plate next to it? I don't know?
Neither part is on my '74 Duster.

I was thinking it was emissions but I took that crap off of my car many many years ago so I don't remember what it connected to.

The piece on the left is an OSAC (Orifice Spark Advance Control) Valve.
1973 was the only year they were on the firewall, all other years they were used, they were on the air cleaner.

Mark.

Correct about the osac valve - the round one was for another emissions device that was used on California models - an addition to the osac valve if I remember correctly. What I did on my 73 was make a nice plate to cover up the osac spot out of Aluminum, painted it and the round cover and put them on using the original style bolts. Looks decent and nobody really cares if you dumped the osac valve anyway.

It's a flux capacitor, be carefull when driving 88 mph...sorry I couldn't help it back to the future was on tv the other day.

Yanking that part off my firewall was one of the first things I did when I got my 73 scamp.

-
Back