What are y’all using for column mounted tachs?

-
I mounted a Sun tach on the bracket it came with to the the a-pillar with one of the attaching screws that holds the plastic part in place.

I have a bunch of tachs that came from all over the place. Kind of goes with the ignition stuff I do. I should do a fast looky thread with pics som cool odd ball ones for sure. Great example tach drive MP electric tach. Only one I have ever had. NOS also. That stays in the collection of odd ball ign stuff.

DSC02366.JPG

DSC02367.JPG

DSC02368.JPG

No racing going on here but I do like a tach. I mounted it under the dash so it looks like it is on the console. It has an adjustable shift light. Good thing because you have to take your eyes off the road to watch it. :BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl::rofl:It came from MAC Tools. No clue who made it. MIC would be my guess.

100_4689.JPG

I’m a fan of “Day 2” modifications and I found a vintage SST-70 tach on eBay I’d like to use. These use a separate transmitter box believe. There’s some on eBay also and they’re sold as untested.

There’s a guy online “Tach Man” that refurbishes the transmitters.. assuming buying a used one is a dud. They also run off a AA sized battery that seems to be not accessible anymore

Just wondering if it’s worth all of the hassle. While some people like the dog dish sized tachometers, I’m more of a fan of the smaller vintage or at least vintage looking ones.

I may just get a new Bosch Super Tach and call it a day. This won’t be a race car but again, I love the “day 2” mods. The cool parts that were the ones to have back in the day.
Is this tach for the Dart in your profile? I have and old a body tach and sender that came in a box with some parts I bought at a swap meet.

dart%20interior.jpeg

dart%20interior%202.jpeg

Old setup, I have since used a big hose clamp and strapped it to the column.

Is this tach for the Dart in your profile? I have and old a body tach and sender that came in a box with some parts I bought at a swap meet.
Indeed it is… it’s currently an auto on the column but I’m going to 4 swap it in about a month from now..figured what better place to mount one than in the column since I won’t be using in that way again..

I run a column mounted tach for a column mounted tach. One of these in both the Valiant and truck.
Tach
Although, since I am running true HEI in the truck, it requires a tach filter to make the tach read correctly.

Would have been nice to score a floor shift column for manual steering to make my 4spd swap a bit more complete but may down the road I’ll come across one. I plan to go to manual steering as well at some point.

-
Back