What are you doing to your racecar now?

-

496dart

future prostock driver
Reaction score
This is directed to those of us stuck in the frozen hell that is the midwest / north states .

I dont want to hear about your racing weekend in California anymore...:snakeman:

SO--what changes have you done this winter to your car for the 08 season?

Ive replaced my converter . Was a 3200 , and T/A upped it to 4800 .

New MP distributer . My old one let the timing jump around .

My Eddy heads are in the shop now getting fully ported / polished / decked / etc.. I ran them out of the box last year .

Hopefully putting on some fresh Hoosier QTP's on the back to replace my half gone MT's .

I think the car will pick up a bit !

Not much. Got some new M/T drag radials. And i'm going to
rejet the carb. Thats about it. Just want to see if I can cut
a couple more tenths off. I still have to drive it on the street.

duster work.gif

going to get a new set of rockers from hughes engines, send my carb back to the carb shop, nitrous backfire killed something on it that i can't find, and going to put a new set of slicks on either mt's 27-10.5 or the qtp 27-11.50's thats all my pocket book will allow this year, hopefully going to get the nos straightened ou this year:toothy10:

building a new car.it is a 14.1 fuller roller cam 440.the desk top dyno showed 734 hp.so it should at least be in the middle 650 hp range i would think.i have the clip off.the rear suspension and kmember out.installing discs,axle braces,axles etc.hoping to run low 10's high 9's.have a 8in dynamic 5200 stall,hooker fender wells,4.30 gears,still have to install the 10pt cage plus the tubing to on the inner fenders.should be more like a 14 pt.can't wait!!!!

building a new car.it is a 14.1 fuller roller cam 440.the desk top dyno showed 734 hp.so it should at least be in the middle 650 hp range i would think.i have the clip off.the rear suspension and kmember out.installing discs,axle braces,axles etc.hoping to run low 10's high 9's.have a 8in dynamic 5200 stall,hooker fender wells,4.30 gears,still have to install the 10pt cage plus the tubing to on the inner fenders.should be more like a 14 pt.can't wait!!!!

wow--i need a ride in that thing !

where do you race in MO ?

i might head down there in mid-March if my car is ready . (mokan/ozark/kcir)

Im putting together a 408 With ported eddie heads, forged eagle 4.00 stroke, 11.1 pump gas, hughes cam not sure on which one yet, mopar m1, 850 carb, Strange axels, richmond 3.91's, custom drive shaft, cage, built 904 with 3500-4000 stall and forward manual valve body. Im pretty much starting from scratch, Im looking at spending $7000.00 It prolly wont be done untill next winter.

wow--i need a ride in that thing !

where do you race in MO ?

i might head down there in mid-March if my car is ready . (mokan/ozark/kcir)

usually kcir or ozark.i could probably bring the duster to kcir to run w/you till the dart is going.the duster runs 11.8's w/small block.would be fun to meet up sometime.
573-821-6585

Switching out the 3.91's suregrip for 4.30's with a spool,relocating the battery to the trunk,redoing the front brakes..shooting for 10's...:cheers:

This has been a very busy winter for My Barracuda and Myself.

We went from a 318 and a 904 to a fresh 0.30 over 360 and a 727.
( should of just bought a 408 crate motor ! ) LOL but, it is worth the piece of mind to do it all myself. So I keep telling myself !
New fuel lines and sending unit.
Frame connectors
and a 3.55 8 3/4. This is the last thing on the list if the cash and time hold out before the weather gets better. If not I will have to be nice to the 8 1/4

I hope to have it back up and running by the end of March.

Should be a pretty nice combo.

Building my New car...63 Dart with backhalf,12 point cage certified to 8.50,Magnum force tubluar K-member,4 wheel disc brakes,572ci Indy Maxx Block,440-1 CNC"d heads,.750 roller cam,fully ported Indy Intake,1150 Dominator,727 Transbrake,8"-5500 Convertor,4.10 spooled Dana 60,ladder bars..it is at paint now and should have color on it next week..here are some pictures as the build progressed... http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8QZOXDNmxcsqg

New crank,pocket porting the INDY heads,,1050 dominator,and maybe using a roller cam .
We run nostalgia musclecar with NMCA, and bracket race at a few Chrysler Classics races.
The car ran the best of 10.52 last year, we are hoping to get it to run 10.5 index class.

100_0350-2.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0560a.jpg
[/IMG]

Just freshened up the motor. Switching from an 850DP, to a 1050 Dominator Ultra. Hoping to pick up a little!! My son, and daughter helped put the motor in last weekend.

tn_141_4147.JPG

tn_141_4151.JPG

tn_141_4150.JPG

I keep walking past my car every time I go out and get firewood. Thats all I have done to it in the past month or so.

Wait, I lied. I put air in the tire the other day. Its flat again.

Sold my race wagon last September, been working here and there on the other project...a 55 Dodge Coronet...just to cruise, no racing anymore.

I am putting together a fresh motor to replace my
getting tired 383. It will be a 438 with JE pistons,
comp 227-4 cam, pocket ported 452 iron heads
and a nice 9-1 compression pump gas motor.
Hope to see some low 12's. The body is a 1967
B-cuda all steel street sleeper with a 383 pie
tin on the air cleaner and air conditioning.
aj>

Changing from a tired 340 in 71 Dart to a fresh 360 with ported Eddy heads, along with new converter. Should knock about a second off the car's previous best time. Got it all bolted in..just working on the small stuff, first race is march 15, dont think the Dart is going to make it since it is also part for primer and paint...too many things to do.

I got a heim weld braced 8 3/4 on its way ,quick swap, and window netting to apply then im off to the races.getting my cert to go 9.90s as the car has gone 9.83 already at 144 on the engine, but.... Im gonna give it a 100 shot and see what happens. hopefully not blow the pinion out of the case , or worse yet have the hangars break and leave the rear wheels and leafs behind. haha happy easter.

Blocking the heat crossover on the LD340
Fitting a ram air dual snorkel 'glass unit,
Fitting a viscous fan
Trying to fnd an 8 .75 housing that will fit an Oz A Body without mucking around.

-
Back