What are you listening to ?

-
Some Spanish pop from an online radio station from Peru.... Has a nice beat, can't understand a word of it. I Google listened to it and it was Voz Propia, Los Dias y las Sombras.....Sounds like a Spanish New Order.

Alrighty now..I am going to piss off some old hippies and liberals with this post.

I have an interest in history. One of my favorite historical people, is Ghengis/Chinghis Khan.

Why am I posting this statement in what is more or less a music thread?

Well, I came across this band that pays homage to Ghengis Khan...

You know, quite possibly the most brutal conqueror in history....He conquered something like 80% of the known world during his reign, and to this day,approximately 70% of the world's population carries his DNA.

He was an evil bastard, BUT he was also somewhat of a visionary, and brought together many different cultures, religions, and means of governance during his rule.

The reason this band strikes a cord with me,is because they pay homage, to, and are proud of their lineage.

Even in 2020, the government of Mongolia has a Ghengis Khan award, that is given to Mongolians that promote the culture and heritage of their long ago ancestors.

This band has a style of singing known as throat singing, which is an ancient means of manipulating the vocal cords, to almost sounds like a didgeredoo, along with playing ancient instruments..

Good for them for paying homage to their ancestors without apologies....

Alrighty now..I am going to piss off some old hippies and liberals with this post.

I have an interest in history. One of my favorite historical people, is Ghengis/Chinghis Khan.

Why am I posting this statement in what is more or less a music thread?

Well, I came across this band that pays homage to Ghengis Khan...

You know, quite possibly the most brutal conqueror in history....He conquered something like 80% of the known world during his reign, and to this day,approximately 70% of the world's population carries his DNA.

He was an evil bastard, BUT he was also somewhat of a visionary, and brought together many different cultures, religions, and means of governance during his rule.

The reason this band strikes a cord with me,is because they pay homage, to, and are proud of their lineage.

Even in 2020, the government of Mongolia has a Ghengis Khan award, that is given to Mongolians that promote the culture and heritage of their long ago ancestors.

This band has a style of singing known as throat singing, which is an ancient means of manipulating the vocal cords, to almost sounds like a didgeredoo, along with playing ancient instruments..

Good for them for paying homage to their ancestors without apologies....

I have often thought about moving to Mongolia, those stocky guys would make good rugby players

Queuing up my Van Halen catalog.

Most of it is vinyl and original press.

-
Back