What are you using ?

-
Last year at Autolite Nationals the Vavoline booth was selling the not street legal oil for 4.00 a Qt. I'm swooping on some of that this year if they are out there again.

THAT is a deal. I think Jegs sells it for 8 buckes a quart. The last time I bought it I got it from Napa Auto Parts but they had to order it from their Nevada warehouse. Almost worth going to the nationals just for the oil. LOL

I don't like "scamsoil".

"It is grossly overpriced, often you have to go through their pyramidal "dealer" network to buy it, and there is no real (valid, scientific) support for the big claims the Scamsoil people make about its performance. Their handwaving and smokeblowing about why their oil is not API approved amounts to…umm…hold on a sec, there's a word for it, lemme think and I'll remember it…oh yeah: LYING. I try to avoid buying from companies that tell lies to try to get me to give them money."

-ssdan

I don't like "scamsoil".

"It is grossly overpriced, often you have to go through their pyramidal "dealer" network to buy it, and there is no real (valid, scientific) support for the big claims the Scamsoil people make about its performance. Their handwaving and smokeblowing about why their oil is not API approved amounts to…umm…hold on a sec, there's a word for it, lemme think and I'll remember it…oh yeah: LYING. I try to avoid buying from companies that tell lies to try to get me to give them money."

-ssdan

For what it's worth, I use stuff that I can get a performance benefit from. I've seen the idle go up simply by changing from a conventional break-in oil to synthetic Amsoil, slight ET & MPH improvements, cooler running engines and my high volume performance trans and differential guys tell me how good parts look when I bring them in to get checked.

I don't have a way of comparing everything, but Amsoil works well for me on the track and on the street. But feel free to make you own fair comparisons.

Check around. There are several ways of getting it for less than "list". The way a product is marketed and sold doesn't change how it performs.

As for "labels" and "stickers", do some research and tell me what the difference is between 2 identical items from the same company, but the higher priced one has a SFI decal on it!

I use Shell Rotella In my 499, its what the motor was broken in with, and what numerous engine guys have reccomended that I use. My motor makes 60-70psi cold idle 40-50 Hot idle and around 85psi at 6000. I change it every 30 passes like clockwork.

-
Back