what axle shaft length

-

wigsplitter74

The Mopar Kid
Reaction score
So I got the money together and I call Mancini to order new BBP axles for my A body 8 3/4" rear end (housing out of 72 Dart) he asks me what length I need, I say uh. . A body length man. Then he tells me there's 27+" and a 28" one and it depends what posi type I have, how do I tell what I need and I switch center sections depending on if I'm just driving or if some A-hole in Madison needs to have his mustang taken down a peg. Help me out guys the new motor is close to done and I'm sick of hearing about mod motors and LS1's around here, it's MoPar time! lol

He may also be wondering what size brakes your using 10x 1 3/4 or 10x 2 1/2?The backing plates are different,also guys pull a block out of the center of the sure-grip when useing 28 inch axels.Good luck!

You say you change the center pumpkin for racing, so you must have some idea whats going on in there. Notice there is only an adjuster on one axle side? The block mentioned (2 - 1 per side) interconnect the axles so 1 adjuster pushes through center to adjust both sides.Man, hard to explain without pics. Maybe the newer "green bearings" allow deleting these. (never used them ,so I don't know) Are you changing brakes at same time? If not, pull axles and measure them. Someone chime in who knows more.

Call Cass, aka Dr.Diff (406)883-4772

He can answer all your questions with certainty and won't steer you wrong

His axles are also cut to the correct length. Some of the aftermarket A body axles have issues with certain sure grip assemblies.

I buy from him and he's never steered me wrong on anything.

Right now I'm planning on using the brake setup from the B body rear end that used to be in the car, I think they are 10.5" by maybe 2.5". Right now I have th A body rear mached up in the car with the B body brakes and axles slid in with no center section at all. Anyone know what stock axe length was or why aftermarket companies make it different lol?

im in same situation, 67 barracuda, want to swap to 4.5" id like to use my existing brakes<4">redrill new bolt pattern in drum to 4.5 as didnt want to blow $$$ on new brakes as a disk conversion on the cards for later on...........my existing axle length is 27.5" and 30 spline,if could get that same length id be away! confused that some axle suppliers say you gotta change brakes and others not:read2: good luck with it man!

-
Back