What came after the GTS?

-

furyus2

Reaction score
What were the Dart performance models called from 1970-up. I know about the 1968-9 Swinger 340 and the GTS models. Is it just a Swinger 340?

I think your right I think it was just the swinger 340 and there was the dart custom starting in '70

Ya kinda wonder why they didn't make a Dart R/T....

"The Swinger name was applied to all the Dart two-door hardtops except in the high-line Custom series"

1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340

Bit of a mouth full no? Haha

Think most go with 340 Dart, or 340 demon, or 340/360 Dart Sport.

There were both 70 and 71 GT cars. Most were slant six cars.

They made 70 Dart GT, I have emblems from one, and a 71 340 Dart Swinger in the great white north....Canadian model only. If I am correct!

in 70 and 71 a GT was a custom with the "GT package". It has a code on the fender tag so it was an optional trim package rather being an entire model like in 69 and back.

Ya kinda wonder why they didn't make a Dart R/T....
I read somewhere that dodge didn't want to compete with the charger and challenger as to confuse people making the dart more of the compact economy car if you will. It was on the Internet so it's true.

I read somewhere that dodge didn't want to compete with the charger and challenger as to confuse people making the dart more of the compact economy car if you will. It was on the Internet so it's true.

don't forget the Coronet R/T ....I think the Coronet has to be one of the most over looked muscle cars.....its way too overshadowed by the charger. :protest:

don't forget the Coronet R/T ....I think the Coronet has to be one of the most over looked muscle cars.....its way too overshadowed by the charger. :protest:

Yes! You are correct...what I would give to have a Coronet R/T, I would take that over a Charger any day:burnout:

I like both the Chargers from 66- 71, and 68 & 69 Coronets are my favorite years.

Thought about this before. Must be because DaRTRT sounds funny.

That came to me earlier today also.... #-o

Just like they don't have any 'B' size batteries. If you went to the store and asked for 'B' batteries, it would sound like you are stuttering... :???:

Thanks for most of the responses. Seems like crazy Cuda likes to give stupid responses to reasonable questions.

-
Back