-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
68 Dart
Gen 3 Hemi
Kenne Bell S/C 10lbs boost
Full weight
Tubular K fram , rack and pinion steering, coil overs
custom tri 4 link, 3.50 gears, ford 9", detroit locker, 325/50/25 MT drag radials
sub fram connectors, 8.50 molly cage..
Expected to make 625-650 RWHP

3.5 gears...what is this thing...a coffee getter?...how about a 4.30 for the strip?

what rear tire? diameter/width/compound?
what weight....3300/3400lbs??......just guessing

3.5 gears...what is this thing...a coffee getter?...how about a 4.30 for the strip?

Some how I knew you would be the 1st...Coffee getter..YES! I will drive this car a lot.. I'm will get my money out of it for sure! 4.30 for the strip with a S/C that spools instantly is a little much. Tires are 28". Not sure on the weight.. I know I save some 70 lbs with the front suspension and steering, I think I save another 60-70 with the gen 3 over a LA motor, but add 75 lbs for the S/C. I was hoping to be around 3100-3200..

transact 727 trans, trans brake, MRVB, 9.5" PTC torque converter.

If its the Gen three Auto in it 3.50 would be a good place to start. 1st gear with this trans is 3 to 1 . We put a petty garage (Arrington) Eaton V3 @8lbs and a true locking diff with 3.73's in the challenger. 1st ,2nd,3rd, are useless with the 20" F1 stockocrapo tires, so 2 more psi boost and 800 less pounds and some rubber that will hook watch out "Somebody gonna get hurt real bad" lol lol...

Some how I knew you would be the 1st...Coffee getter..YES! I will drive this car a lot.. I'm will get my money out of it for sure! 4.30 for the strip with a S/C that spools instantly is a little much. Tires are 28". Not sure on the weight.. I know I save some 70 lbs with the front suspension and steering, I think I save another 60-70 with the gen 3 over a LA motor, but add 75 lbs for the S/C. I was hoping to be around 3100-3200..

transact 727 trans, trans brake, MRVB, 9.5" PTC torque converter.

just keepin it real...here in the hood! (or do I mean under ther hood)

just keepin it real...here in the hood! (or do I mean under ther hood)

I read a thread on here the other day that said factory 68 Dart weight was 3050 or something like that? If I can get down to 3100-3200 and make 630ish RWHP then I'm in the 9's with a coffee getter! lol

if you get in it in the 10's (10.99 counts)...I'll buy the friggin coffee

that in itself, would be an accomplishment

If I'm not in the 10's that would be epic fail! lol.. not really but the Lx and LY platform cars running 10 lbs of boost are making mid 650 rwhp and running 10.6's all day at 4400 lbs..lol

a ten second car (1/4 mile)....driven on the street with a 3.5 gear....is fast

If you really have 650 RWHP, you should be able to hit the 9's, assuming you can get it hooked up by the second or third peddle job :burnout:. If you have a pulse and can convert oxygen to carbon dioxide, you can run 10's with that car.

FWIW, my car probably only makes around 420-440 RWHP and it runs 10's all summer....If I had that kind of power my car would be in the VERY low 9's.

If you really have 650 RWHP, you should be able to hit the 9's, assuming you can get it hooked up by the second or third peddle job :burnout:. If you have a pulse and can convert oxygen to carbon dioxide, you can run 10's with that car.

FWIW, my car probably only makes around 420-440 RWHP and it runs 10's all summer....If I had that kind of power my car would be in the VERY low 9's.

Well I can't see why it wouldn't be in the 625-650 RWHP range at 10 lbs.. on motor with heads and cam it should easily make 400-425 RWHP so add 10 lbs on that... now we are talking... these are numbers that I see from people with very similar combos in the Charger, 300, challenger community.

If hp figures right and you hook I would say mid 9's easy. Let me know how it works for you as this is roughly the setup I want to replace the b block I have when I sell/ blow it up. Only difference I wanna go with the 4.2l blower and turn the wick up alot more.

Troy

If hp figures right and you hook I would say mid 9's easy. Let me know how it works for you as this is roughly the setup I want to replace the b block I have when I sell/ blow it up. Only difference I wanna go with the 4.2l blower and turn the wick up alot more.

Troy

4.2 is huge.. challengers running arounf with my same setup running 18 lbs are ETing 9.50 in a 4400 lbs car... that's pretty damn fast. lol Take 1000 off that spin it to what ever we want, we have superior suspension and your in the 8's!

if it's 10.25 sec or something instead of 9.8 but you can run it over and over and over without stuff breaking and drive all over & enjoy the ride, then you done good :D

Agreed, however I have a 9 sec goal with the car( which I'm thinking is very doable) and be able to drive the mess out of it.

with a 3.5 gear?...

I know it has been a while for me...but I just can't get that ET number to compute.

I know I might have missed a day or two....but I better head back to school

with a 3.5 gear?...

I know it has been a while for me...but I just can't get that ET number to compute.

I know I might have missed a day or two....but I better head back to school

Yep, I'm with you, I see severe tire smoke.

I think initially you'll go mid 10s. Having the power and getting the setup just right on those tires will take some time and experience. 9s are where it will end up I think, but you'll have to learn a lot about driving it.
I'd like to see more gear, and I think that convertor is almost laughable depending on how it was built. But... you want a street car so... it's more of a buildit and see what it will do. I think it will ultimately come down to keeping the convertor and trans alive, and getting it hooked.

I think initially you'll go mid 10s. Having the power and getting the setup just right on those tires will take some time and experience. 9s are where it will end up I think, but you'll have to learn a lot about driving it.
I'd like to see more gear, and I think that convertor is almost laughable depending on how it was built. But... you want a street car so... it's more of a buildit and see what it will do. I think it will ultimately come down to keeping the convertor and trans alive, and getting it hooked.
PTC built the TC for boost so hopefully it will preform as expected... The trans is built to survive as well... what do you mean by more gear? I had 4.10's but seeing what others were doing with this instant boost of the twin screw Kenne Bell I figured 3.50 would be more suitable.

I see HP city....but it takes a lot more than just HP to get in the 10's...I really wish you the best of luck.

Yes like money money money! you can go as fast as you want with lots of money! lol and on this build I'm about all tapped!

-
Back