What can I find

-

tiltsix

Reaction score
:happy10:I am going to the junk yard today,it is snowing/cold,but im going anyway.My wife says Im crazy.Ill take camsra just in case.Ill post anything interesting that I find later.

Several good things about a junkyard....

No work

No women

No kids

Office phone can not be heard

Etc

Etc

Etc

I miss scouring the scrapyards.I used to love to go on cold drizzly days when nobody's around to bug ya.There's nothing worth checking out around here anymore .with all the regulations they can't keep the old cars around.And they can't let you just look anymore either.You gotta have something specific in mind and you go straight to the vehicle get your part and don't go wandering off,Bummer...

I miss scouring the scrapyards.I used to love to go on cold drizzly days when nobody's around to bug ya.There's nothing worth checking out around here anymore .with all the regulations they can't keep the old cars around.And they can't let you just look anymore either.You gotta have something specific in mind and you go straight to the vehicle get your part and don't go wandering off,Bummer...
I always liked Moss landing ,Salinas,Turlock,Madera,Modesto,Where are you located?

Well Im back,found a 62 Valiant 4 door,has some pretty nice trim/headlight rings.73 Duster/3speed.Not much left.as soon as I can find my sombich cable ill post some pics.It was too cold to stay too long but it was fun anyway.

I finally got the pictures to upload.

Attachments

• pull a part 001.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 175
  • pull a part 002.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 166
  • pull a part 003.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 167
  • pull a part 004.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 184
  • pull a part 005.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 160
  • pull a part 006.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 160
  • pull a part 007.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 178
  • pull a part 008.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 168
  • pull a part 009.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 167
  • pull a part 010.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 155
you should grab the front UCA, A arms and all that off that Duster, unless its not disk

And there's an 8 3/4 under that Fury

The duster is drum,the fury must have been changed it is 7.25.T he valiant has lots of good parts,like that hood stainless, its almost show quality(little buffing needed)

The only thing I hate more than the cold is bees. If no snow its a good time to go to junkyard.

We have an all Mopar yard about an hour or so away from me and the guy that runs it is pretty cool. Doesn't charge an arm and a leg for parts and you get to find and pull all your own parts. There is no bad day when going there...........
Daryl

I'd buy what you can and just resale it here on Fabo for what you paid maybe + a little cash like 5 or 10$ for your time.

You should buy the floor hump, clutch pedals, clutch rods, z-bar, and steering column off that Duster. Also that aluminum /6 is cool and very rare. Watch out for corrosion that could render it useless.

Snakes are MUCH easier to deal with in this weather!! Bees and wasps, too.

Several good things about a junkyard....

No work

No women

No kids

Office phone can not be heard

Etc

Etc

Etc
...unless you run into a part that doesn't want to come off. Then it's PLENTY OF WORK!

It is the speaker grille from 62 valiant,Not perfect,driver quality,it has one clip broken.Someone pm ed me about it but i lost them.

-
Back