What category would I fall under?

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
If I was to run a N/A stroked new III Gen Hemi in my Dart what class would I race under?

Most people race in what is called ET class. (bracket racing) From there you can choose which class your car will compete in. Street or Sportsman or Pro or Super Pro.

Your best bet is to go out to the track first & see just what goes on. All tracks have E.T. brackets ranging from ET 1 to soemthing like ET4 (the slowest). If you've never drag-raced before, there's some rules & etiquette you need to learn first, which is why I suggested going there just to watch first.
Foregoing all that, assuming your Hemi is a stock 5.7 motor, my guess is you'd fall into ET2 , usually something like 12.99 to 14.00 e.t.

Your best bet is to go out to the track first & see just what goes on. All tracks have E.T. brackets ranging from ET 1 to soemthing like ET4 (the slowest). If you've never drag-raced before, there's some rules & etiquette you need to learn first, which is why I suggested going there just to watch first.
Foregoing all that, assuming your Hemi is a stock 5.7 motor, my guess is you'd fall into ET2 , usually something like 12.99 to 14.00 e.t.

I have been racing for years with my charger running low 11's in a 4400lb car.. this Dart with a IIIgen hemi will run low ten or 9's

Low 10s/high9s puts you in Super Gas. That means all the cert. stuff, firesuit,etc., etc. Now if you're looking at running something other than NHRA, you'd have to get a rulebook from whatever oraganization & see how THEY break down their particular classes. In other words,there's too many variablesbetween what your car is and what organization you're looking into.......

-
Back