What clutch fork and z bar to use?

-

john.saylor

Reaction score
I have a 64 barracuda 360 10.5 aluminum bell housing 4 sp, things don't line up right at current instead of the clutch rod fitting in the normal spot on the end of fork they drilled a hole about 1 inch in. what would be the proper length for the fork? zbar? at this time it's real difficult to depress the clutch.
If I needed a shorter fork could I accomplish the same result by just modifying the z bar?
thanks

www.brewersperformance.com

I did the same conversion, called Brewers and they have EVERYTHING you need, it bolts right in and works very nice!!!

I used a stock fork but they do sell new ones. I used their Z-bar, fork pivot bracket, adjuster rod, bracket that mounts to the bellhousing...this is all made for the early a-body 10.5 conversion, a little spendy but well worth it!!!! My car shifts as smooth as a new car and is real easy to drive.

thanks for the suggestion however over $200 for parts seems quite high, I removed my clutch fork today it's 12.5 inches long, with a bend upwards I'm sure for compensating for the wrong z bar. Is there any other combo of parts that would work? like different year parts etc?
thanks

I used a B body fork ( if I remember correctly 11-7/8") with the pivot from the original bellhousing from the 273. I modified a Z-bar from a later A-body and relocated the Z-bar pivot ball on the bellhousing. I don't recall it being a very big issue once I found the right length fork. It shifts nicely.

-
Back