What color paint for these hubcaps?

-

halfafish

Damn those rabbits, and their holes!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just scored a set of hubcaps in very nice condition. They are going on this truck. Kinda a crappy pic, but its the white D150 on the left. A nice touch, an unknown soul brother parked right by me at the grocery store.

20210731_172004.jpg

Here are the hubcaps.

20210824_203354.jpg

I'm going to give these a little paint love. Does anyone know what color these should be? Obviously the fratzog and perimeter are black, but I think the circle around the fratzog should be red?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Last edited:
On my 70 Swinger 340, they are indeed red. The outer edge is different, but close.

I just scored a set of hubcaps in very nice condition. They are going on this truck. Kinda a crappy pic, but its the white D150 on the left. A nice touch, a soul brother parked right by me at the grocery store.

View attachment 1715786175

Here are the hubcaps.

View attachment 1715786176

I'm going to give these a little paint love. Does anyone know what color these should be? Obviously the fratzog and perimeter are black, but I think circle around the fratzog should be red?

Screenshot_20210824-235707.png

Just goes to show you can't come sneaking in here after my bedtime posting stuff thinking I'm not going to see it and bust your seeds...

True. I figured at your age you'd be in the sack by seven-thirty.

Oh pooh. Check into the Dart thread. We are changing gears at Chez Halfafish.

20210824_213954.jpg

Well you got bigger fish fry than some hubcaps... You got a dream dart that's been neglected for near a year now...

True, but to be precise it's only been nine months. However, I have a solid running truck now, so it was worth it.

And now, back to the hubcap question, and thoughts on paint colors anyone?

On my 70 Swinger 340, they are indeed red. The outer edge is different, but close.

Could you post a photo of yours?

True, but to be precise it's only been nine months. However, I have a solid running truck now, so it was worth it.

Screenshot_20210824-235707.png

Sure I'll go take a couple of pictures tomorrow.

These came stock on my 1970 Swinger 340 with the painted steelies
Fratzog pie plate hubcaps.jpeg
, as verified by my build sheet. I cleaned and polished them, but they have the factory paint. Hope this helps.

I just scored a set of hubcaps in very nice condition. They are going on this truck. Kinda a crappy pic, but its the white D150 on the left. A nice touch, an unknown soul brother parked right by me at the grocery store.

Here are the hubcaps.

I'm going to give these a little paint love. Does anyone know what color these should be? Obviously the fratzog and perimeter are black, but I think the circle around the fratzog should be red?

The fratzog is black as are the outside area. The circle on the ‘68 and earlier hub caps (that’s what you have there) were not painted red when they were new.

Cliff Ramsdell

These are what came on my 1970 Swinger 340, which is a clean, unmolested car. Someone could have swapped them, I suppose. The wheels are correct, body(B5) colored steel.

Thanks for the info folks. I'm going to paint them black, with no red ring.

Here are the hubcaps.

I have a set of originals. Just black.

-
Back