What color to paint my new engine?

What color should I paint my new engine?

• Orange

Votes: 63 44.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • Black

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • Other

Votes: 28 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

doogievlg

Reaction score
After scrolling through a lot of engine bag pics I never really got a good look at a small block with aluminum heads to decide what color to paint mine. What color do you think would look best and post pics if you have them.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,001
Chartruse

Real men paint things Mangenta!
folkart-fabric-farg-ogenomskinlig-magenta-59-ml.image.491x491.jpg

But for real, Hemi orange is popular......obviously!

just look at some of MRL engines:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=261967

look pretty damn good!

just cover it in mud and oil and tell everyone you found it in a field, put it in the car and race for pink slips lol

I vote paint the whole engine including valve covers the aluminum heads and intake an engine color factory blue or body color, polish off the paint on the ribs of the valve covers and clear them. Yellow zinc the little parts such as hose clamps and gloss black all pulleys and accessories.

I vote paint the whole engine including valve covers the aluminum heads and intake an engine color factory blue or body color, polish off the paint on the ribs of the valve covers and clear them. Yellow zinc the little parts such as hose clamps and gloss black all pulleys and accessories.

X2! Aluminum heads left bare look tacky!

I don't like aluminum heads bare either but if your gonna keep em bare paint the motor silver or a aluminum or charcoal color. I always liked the industrial look.

I'm thinking of just clear coating it. I had the block acid dipped. I know a lot of guys paint the motor and intake and everything the same color but I'm not a fan of that myself.

Here a few pictures of mine.....
I love it.

Attachments

• 558585_2516567092195_1793770338_1500443_278017476_n.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 851
  • IMAG0074.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 866
  • IMAG0115.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 869
I painted mine all black, but left the aluminum heads. May be tacky but I like how it looks!

it's hard to beat torquoise for '69

Attachments

• 1969 340.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,227

X3
Bare aluminum intakes scream Chevy.
Mopar painted the 340-6 and 440-6 aluminum intakes.

I'm doing matte black motor and heads with timing cover and intake powdercoated cast aluminum. I personally don't like ANY factory motor paint. Silvers and blacks are my vote.

-
Back