What color????

-

wolfhammer

Reaction score
My wife and I were thinking about a color change on the '69 Barracuda. It's F8 green and a dark green interior. The only thing other than white I can see for a color change that might look ok would be bronze, copper, dark brown (all metallic colors) or black. With a green interior its a tough situation since I don't want the expense of reupholstering or worse dying it. Any suggestions ? :banghead:

red - with splashes of white... I love Christmas..:D
honestly though - if the car is straight -- BLACK

With the interior, I think Black, or another shade of Green. I have been looking at Toyotas Spruce Mica, 6V4. Gotta be careful that the 2 greens (interior & exterior) don't clash though.

I would repaint it the original F8.
It is not my favorite color on the 69 color chart and a car can definitely look bad in this
color when its distressed or been neglected.
When the paint is new or in good shape it looks great. I like the F8 on a green upholstered car as it shows how the cars really looked back in 69.
So many people changing the color and putting black interiors in the green cars.
I can't say I haven't done it myself but these days I find it refreshing to see an original
looking car in the sea of modifieds.

Leave it F8 green & add some black side stripes. That would really break it up :)

Green interior limits the possibilities. I think I'd just freshen up the F8. Maybe add some stripes like was already suggested.

I like that green and would say leave it...your paint looks nice but I see you are replacing the 67 front clip with the correct 69 stuff so some paint work is required. Could you match the paint? I would add some black hood striped and scoops like the Cuda model had as well as the black on the lower sides as well.

I have always liked the T5 bronze color, my buddy had a 69 Bee that color and it was awesome! One thing to consider is changing your wheels, maybe the painted rims is too much green? Mag wheels would break it up nicely too.

I would repaint it the original F8.
It is not my favorite color on the 69 color chart and a car can definitely look bad in this
color when its distressed or been neglected.
When the paint is new or in good shape it looks great. I like the F8 on a green upholstered car as it shows how the cars really looked back in 69.
So many people changing the color and putting black interiors in the green cars.
I can't say I haven't done it myself but these days I find it refreshing to see an original
looking car in the sea of modifieds.

I agree 1000%. If you really want to change it, the only other color besides F8 would be black.

Mine is F5 exterior with dark green interior. To much green for me, so I am going to change the seats & panels to saddle tan. Why not put a white stripe on to break up all that green. I think that would be the cheapest way. Put on the white stripe & some kind of bright wheels.

Attachments

• 138.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 220
I looked at your car in your avatar. F8 is a pretty color but you need some brighter wheels. Put on a set of Magnums or Cragar SS type wheels. I think you'll be surprised.

F8 looks awesome with fresh shiney paint. it needs staright panels as ti is so dark.

black is great if ya want to wash your car every day!

Here ya' go. What will they think of next?................
[ame]https://youtu.be/N3wLc5xEjMM[/ame]

Wow, thanks for the fast responses guys. All are great ideas for colors but I think we will either keep it F8 or go with the Viper snake skin pearl that mguner suggested. I'm good with the F8 but the wife and my daughters really like the snake skin a lot. Either way will have black stripes added and my new Cragar SS wheels and tires will make it POP. Hopefully we will redo the paint next year and at least we have color choices streamlined now.....................thanks again all

-
Back