What did I do? Help?

-
If you're using one of those FBO limiter plates, they are not accurate at all. They provide more advance than they say. EDIT: But I'm sure that alone is not causing what you're describing. It's gotta be something simple. You'll get better, more-accurate results by welding up your slots. I tried an FBO plate with poor results also and posted about it as well in this guy's thread.
You should read through this thread:

[/URL]

Yup

KD, it’s possible when you pulled the distributor out the gear came up with it and then fell back down. I’ve seen it happen.

So you need to verify that gear didn’t move if you haven’t done it yet.

The other thing mentioned was those plates aren’t that accurate. Even if they were when you change the curve like that it may not be happy.

A cheap test would be to put the plate back where you had it and see what happens.

It’s work, but it’s free.

Timing tape is on backwards.
Wow. That would explain fighting my stumble all this time. Now how in hell could I gotten this far? Car always started fine and ran smooth.
Actually my 1st tape is 4 years old. When I found that balancer was off 10' I re-taped it a while back but the tape under it is backwards too then. :realcrazy:If this is it which I hope it is, I'll retape it correctly. I'm such an idiot. New it was something stupid. Me! I'm quite embarrassed. I'll blame my age.:BangHead:

Diz 1 - Copy (2).jpg

No worries, Pictures sure helped real fast though, once we had those. I'm sure this will help a whole bunch. LOL You're probably gonna find some new power too.

I know I will because when I timed it by ear it ran great even without the vc connected. Now I will start with the New Dizzy I'm getting and start from scratch. When I 1st finished my build, I posted that the motor before rebuilding seemed faster. As for limiter plate earlier, I was using for reference and had intention of welding my slots once I had an idea what I needed. Hopefully I won't need to do anything with the dizzy as it does have a performance curve to start with.

On a brighter note. I'm lucky to have less than 3000 miles on it do to 1 year out with covid (almost died) lost three months of good weather. Next year back surgery (another 3 months) which left me with last year and this year.

-
Back