What did this come off?

-

fat-360

Reaction score
G’day! What’s this? I can’t find the casting number anywhere. Thanks

IMG_0005.png

Even enlarging I can't read the number

Looks like either a 273 4 bbl or Chrysler Marine 318 4 bbl intake. Both were square bore single plane intakes. This one has a spread bore adapter on it.

Cliff Ramsdell

We need a clearer picture of the casting number and there may be a casting date on it also. The price might be a bit salty in my opinion for a cast iron intake that you don't have a true history on.

I know the casting numbers are different style, plus the lack of the "Marine" designation (Australian foundry, maybe?), but that looks an awful lot like a Chrysler LB-Marine intake with a ThermoQuad adapter on it...
1722182782766.png

273 or 318 4 brl, possibly industrial or marine... but if either... water would flow through the cross over.
273 4 bbl. (Commando/Charger) was not an open plenum as shown in the OP's pix (yes, it could have been modified, but the dividers do not appear to have been cut out).
1722184460052.png

318s did not get 4 bbl. manifolds until the late '70s cop cars, and used the standard 360 4 bbl. mid-rise manifold, not the single plane style shown in the pics; it also had a spreadbore flange so did not require an adapter, as well as the choke well becoming the later style and getting an EGR and offset thermostat housing.
1722184750793.png

Interesting manifold, however definitely late modle due to the egr block off plate and I'm assuming it's cast iron so for $350 that's pretty spendy for what it is. Decent used aluminum manifolds are fairly common for $125-$150 even here in Canuck bucks, I'd say that would be a better choice for you and by the time you pay the outrageous shipping to get it across the water you still would be ahead. I wonder if egr valves were used in Aus in the late seventies to eighties on 318's?

Interesting manifold, however definitely late modle due to the egr block off plate and I'm assuming it's cast iron so for $350 that's pretty spendy for what it is. Decent used aluminum manifolds are fairly common for $125-$150 even here in Canuck bucks, I'd say that would be a better choice for you and by the time you pay the outrageous shipping to get it across the water you still would be ahead. I wonder if egr valves were used in Aus in the late seventies to eighties on 318's?
That's not an EGR blockoff, it's a cover for the choke well. EGR would be on the driver's side of the manifold.

-
Back