what did this steering wheel start life in ?

-

pomonamissel

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
got this steering wheel from a 72 dart , thought it was a tuff wheel for the 72 dart , have a 70 challenger rt that has this style steering wheel in it ( pic at bottom ) . just like the vanshing point car , but this other wheel is deeper that the challenger one . can anyone id this wheel ? i would like to know , i need the horn assembly for it . thanks for all your efforts .

DSC03733.JPG

DSC03734.JPG

DSC03735.JPG

DSC03736.JPG

Scan0009_0009.jpg

AMC

I had a 78 jeep wagoner with one of those .....factory option.

Same wheel also came in other AMC cars....the center depends on what it is in.

I second AMC.

x3 for AMC

I had that exact one on my CJ5. Jeep was a 1974, but I'm not certain if it was the original wheel, no horn button, just a push button on the dash..

amc , well i've got a couple of 72 cj5's from the military , i'll try it on them . always thought about stuffing a 340 in one . but today that new bread mods with the 354/392 new gen motors . what could you do with a 700hp cj5 . saw the helcat wrangler jeep pics . what a desert racer . oh ya thanks to all that set me straight , back on the road . i'll see if i got any more gens , lol !

now that the quest is complete , how does one delete or drop a thread , or does it just slowly fade away , anyone ?

you got me thinking now ......the AMC steering wheel is actually a cool wheel ....it has three spokes and looks sporty.

You got me thinking how I can make a custom made center and use it in a mopar.

In a mopar it will look aftermarket since it's not original yet it still has a nice manufactured O.E. look to it.

I might actually use one from a jeep in my 73 dart now that you gave me the idea. :usflag:

yep rainy day auto , i thought so as well , some like some don't like , just is life , let me what horning parts you come up with . don't want to copy , just one idea leads to another . i like custom looking , and trick look factory , number matching is cool , but cooler is personalizing cool custom . i like idea's at work . i just must keep telling myself all the time , '' keep it simple stupid '' and the worst of it is i want to be able to build all the parts , must learn to pick my battles . but know what its got to be done and how , is a plate full . and thats using parts made right here in united states of america , bud . thats hard to do in this day and age , china crapp , lol . :)

-
Back