What did you get at Carlisle?

-

mischiefdart

Reaction score
I was there on Saturday. So many cool cars in the show this year. I bought a set of A-body small block headers and an early B-body 8 ¾ housing with axles. All for $ 70

20170715_175156.jpg

Cool. I normally get a head ache, some idiot following me around giving unwanted advice. Or, how I should purchase this super rare 360 head for $1,500, rust bucket Car for $27,000 ....

LMAO

Last edited:
I did not get to walk around much but was able to sneak out to order TTI HEMI headers and tail pipe from Robs rod shop 10% off. I would a new stainless steel gas tank for the barracuda so I can customize it (mini tubed). Also picked up Cross ram linkage and cable.

My best score was a original factory parts book, hard cover an all for $50 for my '65 Formula S.

I got a dizzy for the Convertible. A turn signal switch, some ballast resistors and a pedestal for the A body Console tac from DavesCuda (nice to meet you by the way).

For my 69 barracuda I got a hood "thank you barracudakid" new tail light lenses, gas cap, head light adj. kit, roof rail seals, quarter window seals & a used set of grill housings.

Scored a set of big block direct connection chrome valve covers for $20, needs a little bit of steel wool/polishing. And a very clean torker 383 intake for $100.

A very good weekend with my son Jacob and my best friend John, without our wives.

And an excellent display of how much my wife missed me when I got home and went to bed Sunday night!

Those sausages were smelling mighty good.... but we take in a portable grill, burgers, dogs, chip and eat double lunches on both days we are there....lol

I bought a barely used NOS Nitrous bottle $75. Misc. small hardware. I avoided buying 73 duster grilles that need minor repair/ paint that I do not need. The clouds looked fierce on Friday and I almost turned around. I am glad I kept going as it did not rain that much.

I must say though I had the best road side barbeque just outside of the city. It's called "Freeman's." I have always passed by this place to and from Carlisle and always wondered. I wish I would have stopped by years ago. IT IS THE BEST I EVER HAD IN MY LIFE. Usually, these places cause me to nearly crap my pants which is why I usually shy away from them.

As of right now the only thing I bought at Carlisle that fits right are the gas cap, head light adjusters. Freakin aftermarket junk. The quarter window seals are not even close. Roof rail seals will work but are not like the originals.

4 speed hump for the 67 Cuda, 6138s TQ, 2 66 air cleaner tops, 66 service manual, and picked up a 354 Hemi rebuilt WCFB 4 barrel carb from Jim at Racer Brown.

I bought one little tiny piece of chrome for the full vinyl top on my duster, which was high priced.

My cousin scored a new amd fender and a nice driver bumper for his 69 charger, and a perfect grill for his road runner.

My wife told me that little piece of chrome does not like it was worth the trip, I said right back to her, it like a big yard sale only for car parts...

DSC01672.JPG
LOL I see two things sold from the spot I was in, got the wife a t shirt, daughter showed up with the fiancée and his son, bought the kid a die cast, and the daughter a hat, got myself a "assholes garage" sign and a bunch of distributor cores. Enjoyed meeting a bunch of you all!

Those sausages were smelling mighty good.... but we take in a portable grill, burgers, dogs, chip and eat double lunches on both days we are there....lol
Those sausages did smell good, I was afraid of a gut bomb, and having to use the facilitys there.

Those sausages did smell good, I was afraid of a gut bomb, and having to use the facilitys there.
I ate the ones a few rows from the grand stands.I have to watch my green peppers .They were fresh and the sweet sausage was great.It wasn't a gut bomb thankfully!

I didn't make it unfortunately. But scored a few motors to pick up on my drive home from Carlisle. I needed some fenders for a 72 Duster.

You could have found fenders with no trouble, sheet metal was selling for reasonable prices.

Quarter window seals for my RR, NOS 10 spline 7290 yoke, USA made front brake hoses, of course a T shirt, and I met bigus1949!

You could have found fenders with no trouble, sheet metal was selling for reasonable prices.

Yeah I was afraid of that. Hard to find sheet metal sometimes. I could patch the fenders that are on the car, but might be easier with newer or better condition metal.

-
Back