What did you guys get?

-

varlo

Joe- Long Island, Oakdale
Reaction score
For those of you who went to carlisle and grabbed some stuff at the swap meet im curious as to what you guys got. Maybe some pics and prices just to get an idea.

Thanks,
Joe

I just missed out on a dash pad (A-body) that was original, not recovered, and perfect- not a scratch. I picked it up to look at the price, $150.00, put it down to call my son over, and it was gone. I did however, find one that was recovered and perfect for $235.00. It still beats $395.00. I also picked up a package tray, some trim clips, a windshield gasket and a brake block. The best part was priceless, my fourteen year old son, who showed little interest in cars, fell in love with a 71 RoadRunner and that's all he's been talking about for the last few days. As soon as my Duster is done, guess what I'll be searching for.......

yea i grabbed windshield kits along with the clips. I got both front and rear for 170. from what I understand thats a decent price?

Got to Carlisle early Friday when the gates opened. I was looking for a 70 340Air Cleaner. I was able to cover the vendor area in about 3 hours. Found 3 sellers who had an Air Cleaner that I was interested in. None was willing to come down in price , all were asking $350. Played the 3 against each other and finally got the one I wanted for $225. Had a quick paint job, but no dents and looks okay. Couldn't find a 'new' 340 Orange Pie Pan, ended up coming home and buying one on EBay.
I was kinda hoping that some dealer NOS parts would be showing up in quantity, but saw nothing even close to what I was hope-ing for. With all the Dealers going out of business - were's are all the inventory.

GregH

I went on friday also, couldn't find any rocker moulding for my 67 dart just one twisted up piece for the driver side.Picked up a set of cheap guages and metal signs,but when I got home there was some trim on my front porch I bought off a fellow A body enthusiest from this sight.All in all had a good time saw a lot of nice cars and met alot of nice people

I've been finding that the dealer inventories are usually being bought back by Chrysler in a buy back program, or some of the big time NOS buyers are already on the phones finding out which dealers are/have been dropped by Chrysler.
Some saw this coming way in advance and had it locked in beforehand.

Then you have some of the new parts houses getting into the action, too.

Heck, even finding a decent deal, from a dealer, or otherwise, on NOS parts for the '91-'93 Dodge trucks is about like pulling teeth, nevermind trying to find Diesel parts for them.

Mark.

Only got a couple small things,bumper bolts and the wiper pivot seals for my Duster besides that 2 t-shirts a little sunburned and tired.

Also met Bruce(68 Dodge) and looked at his 440 Scamp,very nice both the car and owner.

Only got a couple small things,bumper bolts and the wiper pivot seals for my Duster besides that 2 t-shirts a little sunburned and tired.

Also met Bruce(68 Dodge) and looked at his 440 Scamp,very nice both the car and owner.
and u got some great pics

had to order a rebuild kit for my 727 from mancini, but did get a used but perfect taillight lens, and the complete heater/ac box complete with all the vacuum lines,controls,ductwork,etc for the wifes 66 charger project. Not a bad vacation at all, the wife said it was the best vacation she's ever had[probably due to all the money "I" spent on "her" project] hoping to make that blower motor happen for the dart!!!!!!!!!!lol

I got a nice set of Ralley wheels and tires for my 75 Scamp. They were rattle can sprayed silver, but I'll be doing them over in argent silver soon.
Frank H.

I spent the day Friday looking for various parts, a remote drivers side mirror was the one I focused on. There were many good used ones out there for $50.00 or more. Saturday my wife went with one of the other wives while us guys voted on the cars. I get a phone call. She found a mirror for my car.

The correct mirror for my car! :cheers: For $15.00! :love5:I love my wife!

NewMirror1.jpg

-
Back