What did you sell back then??

-

sgd128

Reaction score
Best (or worst). Maybe the 1970 challenger R/T convert.383 pistol grip, dana, yellow W/ black top and interior p/w AIR.. factory 8-track 500s and a luggage rack...and for the grand total of $750...he drove it away ..from ny to fla... I'm smart?? .........Then there was the 1968 GTX...

'74 Challenger. Rallye package, 360-4bbl (also had a letter on factory letterhead after I placed the order, telling me they weren't going to put the 360's in the Challenger), 4 speed w/pistol grip, HD suspension, 3.23 Sure-grip.

Sold it when I got married.

Still have the wife though, and she bought me the Barracuda I'm working on now, so could be worse!

Jay

i have sold a few i regret, but its the one i did not buy that i still think about. 1971 hemi cuda, auto, 8 3/4, b-5 blue, could have bought it for $500.00! it did have a spun rod bearing. this is the reason my dad said no. every time we are at a mopar show, i like to remind him. oh by the way, the people who owned it towed it to the local furd dealership for a trade in!

Here's 2 I let get away.

1 1970 440-6pack cuda..auto on the column, 14 inch road wheels and the most beautiful shag carpeting everywhere in the interior. $1000

2 1970 440-6pack coronet r/t convertible. auto, 4.10 dana, cold air hood, slightly built motor (ran 12.60's) orange with white top/interior $1700

these were both essentially rustfree cars that still looked nice.

Oh, well

sold my 74 barracuda in 96' due to being completely broke and un-employed. needed a little bodywork. 440-509 cam-ported heads-all the trick MP parts,weld wheels, 4:10 gear, went for $3400.

cuda3.jpg.jpg

you sold a 71 hemi cuda :'( dam that sucks

about 2 years ago my dad got me a 75 dart sport slant six for $50, it didnt run, the people who worked on it were idiots, my dad put the original coil that they gave him and it fired right up. :) so then i would drive it around our back yard, man i loved it, i drove it up to the gas station to get gas with my dad and the front right tire howled the whole way there and the supspention was super shot, steering was loose to, buy the looks of it someone 'dukes of hazzard' the car cause there was a huge dent in the tank and the under side was scraped up pretty good. He said this isnt road wothy, but i love it. I came home from a dentist appointment to be greeted buy a 'i sold your car' got $500 out of it and got to keep the motor and trans. the guy was gonna v8 it :( i was pretty mad he tried to convince me it was too much work, i'm still mad about it, but my wagon was alot of fun. :(

It wasnt me but my dad. 70 T/A Challenger 4 speed, except it had a 4 bbl, it ran 12.00s. He sold it for $1600 in 85? to buy a dragster and got a $100 more than what he paid in 72.

The one that probably would have brought the most money now had I kept it, was the 69 Super Bee 440-6, 4spd, Dana60. The car I regret selling the most was my 2nd car ,an electric blue 68 340 Dart auto.It was the car I had through most of high school. The car was clean,fast, and bulletproof and my memories in the backseat are among the greatest!

Sold my 70 cuda 340 for $150 in 1980-it was rusty but I had a perfect rear quarter that I threw in. Sold my 70 mustang fastback 302 4spd for $500 in '82. My brother sold his 40,000 mile 66 cuda 273 power pak 4 spd for $400 in '82 also. All these cars drove away running great.

on a good note, my dad bought a 67 hemi charger,4 speed in 69 for $2000 bucks and he still has it-----and still drives it hard---inc. power shifting. he bought it at age 21------man that would be nuts to have a car like that at age 21. If any one has the book Moter city muscle, its the gold charger in the book. The author is Mike muller. I personly power shifted this unit ---its the most fun you can have with your pants on!!!!!!

1970 440-6 pack 4 speed Challenger R/T blue car black interior white butt stripe, twin white side stripes. Bought it for $1500.00 in 1987 was my first car (had a 318 auto in by then) Northern Illinois rusty barn find. Sold it about a year later to someone who was going to "restore" it for $1500.00. Two weeks later saw the shell that was left in my future brother-in-laws side yard before his buddy (the guy who bought it) got the chance to take it to the scrap yard. The guy who bought it had a hemi, 440-6pack, and t/a car already so Dad and I thought he would do the right thing.

I'm still kicking myself in the tail for getting rid of the '68 Charger I had as a teen with a '70 440, '67 closed chamber heads, still know the guy that bought it from me and his buddy bought it from him, that car was a blast till #2 rod went through the block at 135! I had a chance to buy an almost all orig. (save the paint) '69 340 S convet that had A/C, and the original wire wheel hub caps, P/S, P/B from the original owner.... yep a little old lady. No rust on it at all. My Dad order a '69 340 S notch back 4spd. Dark green black interior, I guess my Grandpa used it as a trade in when my Dad went to Vietnam... Since it was sold new at a dealership a couple miles away from my house ( That Dealership sold Mopars after Studibaker went out of business and became the Studibaker Musium till recently) I have hopes (it's a long shot but you never know) of finding it and restoreing it for him.
Adam
'99 Ram 360
'99 PLYMOUTH Neon
'68 340 S
'56 Coronet
'72 340 without a home
1 unhappy wife because all my stuff

I still have my 1st, '70 charger SE 383 mag a/c 6 way seat tic-toc-tac rallye suspension mag 500s ,discs. original owner used to drive by my house once a week when I was 10 (1972) and I swore I would own that car.
The one I let get away was a 70 hemi charger 4-sp super track pac. That was 7 yrs ago.
A guy I know told me of a one owner hemi car that he thought was for sale because the guy had asked if he wanted it. I couldn't afford 50k at the time so I never pursued it.
The next year I visit Jerry and he has the 30k mile charger sitting there! He paid 16,700 for it!!!!!
I could have puked!! Always follow up every lead!!!!!!!!

Well my father had a 68 Charger R/T 440 auto. Asked me if I wanted it cause he was going to trade it in. I had a 69 Dart 340 so I said no. I still think about that to this day. Then there was the 71 Hemi Cuda for $2000. My father said no way you'll kill yourself. He knew from me browing his Charger. Every time I'd bring the car back he would ask me if I won. Don't know why.

68 GTS 383 Dart/4 speed/4:30 gears Sold for $500. to a friend that wrapped it around a pole a few mos. later.
Gave away a 71 Barracuda Grand Coupe. 318/3 speed I had put a rally dash and a pistol grip 4 speed in it.
Sometimes it's bad to be a nice guy.
The one that got away:In 89 I parted out a 69 440 Coronet R/T numbers matching car. I looked at in a guy at works back 40 because it was supossed to be a Challenger R/T. When it wasn't I left. A few mos. later a friend was looking for sheet metal and the R/T dash piece to restore a 69 Coronet R/T Hemi car he bought that was just a shell. Guy at work sold it to me and delivered it to another friends shop. Deal was I get the motor and trans and friend gets what's left. Friend with the shop pulled the motor and trans then called and let me know it was #'s matching. To late deal was done and I stood by it. Boooo Hoooo I'm still crying. #'s matching R/T, a/c, power disc brakes, power steering, Bright Green Metalic (F7 ?) just what little I remember.

I didn't sell this, my father did. 1979 or 1980

70 GTX, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana, original engine with complete six pack. 2 spare transmissions, 1 spare pistol grip shifter, 1 air grabber hood on the car, 1 spare in the garage, 1 spare dana housing. 1 spare 6 pack block, another 440 block unsure of year. To many other trinkets to mention or remember.

The price? $1200. :sad2:

WTF!

I have had a lot of them I wish I had back. The worst one was a 69 Road Runner that was a complete running car and had never been touched. I sold it for $125.00 in 1974 and watched the guy drive it away. My cousin did a real smooth deal about the same time. He had a Plum Crazy AAR four gear that he traded to a fellow for a Datson pick-up and $100.00. I still bring that one up when ever we get togather and he still hurts from it.

I don't really know where to start so I'll just list the ones I regret the most.
69 Dart ragtop, 383, 4 speed, LS27H9Bxxxxxx, bought it for $650 in about 1984, sold it for $1500 a couple of years later, mainly because I didn't have a place to store it inside.
69 Coronet R/T ragtop, bought for $150, sold it for $650 after I loosened a rod in the motor, nice rust free car. This was in the early 80's.
70 Challenger ragtop, triple black, bought in 2000 for $13,500, sold in 04 for $18,750, too cheap.
70 'Cuda, 383, auto, orange, hockey stick stripe, a nice used car bought in 1976 for $950, sold it awhile later for $1250, thought I made a killing.
72 Demon, 340, auto, Petty Blue, nice car with blown motor I bought for $250. I replaced the 340 with a 273 out of an old 68 Satellite I had traded for, sold the Demon for $650, I was really making money back then!
68 Chevelle, red, 396, 4 speed, bought for $400 in 1981, was going to part it since no one wanted such a gas hog then. Got lucky and sold it for $800 a few months later. The guy put a 350 in it.
70 Chevelle, 396, 4 speed, a/c(!), cowl hood, black with white stripes, black and white interior. Best I remember I gave $350 for it, drove it for awhile, either sold it or traded it (for around $650) to a guy who was an Olds nut. He took the big block and 4 speed out and put a 455 Olds and auto trans in it and sold the 396 to a guy who put it in a $50 Nova!
I better stop now, I'm getting kind of misty-eyed.
Dallas

I almost forgot to mention the one that got away.
I had seen a yellow Superbird sitting beside a garage for 3 years or so. This was in 1976 or 1977. I finally stopped to inquire about it. When I walked in I kind of startled the long hairs who were smoking dope, kind of gave me a start, too. Anyway they quickly "hid" their dope and one stepped forward to ask me what I wanted. I asked about the car and he said it came in with a blown motor about 4 years previously and they had replaced the 440 with a 383 but the guy never came back to pay the bill or get the car. He told me he would sell it to me if I would slip him a $100 bill but he wouldn't even give me a bill of sale. I was afraid to buy it. I figured the cops were surely watching the place and if I tried to pull that big yellow car out of there without any paperwork they would surely pull me over and I'd go directly to jail! Anyway, it was gone less than a week later.
Probably a good thing I didn't get it. Since it didn't have a title I was going to put the nose and wing on a 69 Satellite convertible I owned! Hopefully someone got it that was able to restore it, didn't need much since it was only 6 or 7 years old at the time.
Dallas

You guys are killing me...I am ready to kill myself now...I too have a "story"...can't talk about that right now...bye for now...
Terry.

I was just watching the Barret-Jackson car auction where they sold a `69, 440-6, 4spd., Super Bee for 200K! I knew one day I`d regret selling the one I had!

I sold my first car...a 71 340 Duster. But I COULD have bought any number of others that would be worthy of a BJ auction. THAT's what I hang my head in shame about... :sad9: And the stuff I saw in junkyards...

Dave

Man the dumb things we did way back when. Like me selling a completely original down to the exhaust and tires numbers matching 340/727 3:23 sure grip 72 Cuda with 55,000 miles for $300.00 in 1983 just cause I was a dumb kid and I wrecked it and it needed a right fender and header and grill and I was too lazy too fix it. Somebody kick me cause nobody did then.

My last hurt the most. 10 years ago I sold a 69 Super Bee, 440 dual 4 barrel, Hemi 18 spline, pistol grip, 9 3/4" Dana. It was fully restored inside and the body was straight so I got a good price for it but not like I would get today. My newest darling is helping me get over the trama, it's a 383 that thinks it's a 440. :evil2:

P7280002 (Custom).JPG

-
Back