• Total voters
-

skep419

No show, all go!
Reaction score
What are you running for drivetrain

Street car = Stock drivetrain, Hwy gears
Race car = Strip only. not street legal
Street/Strip = Overdrive tranny drive to the track (wish I had overdrive)
Strip/Street = Steep gears, 1-1 final gear, 3000 rpm is the lowest you see. Tow to the track.

Driving long distance in the Dart means getting passed alot. The only thing I would need to make it a street strip car is overdrive. Holding off for the Mcleod M-800

Street/Strip setup. No overdrive yet. 360 stroker, 8 3/4, 3:55 gears, 904 with a 3500 stall. full trim and cop car wheels round it out.

DSC00488.JPG

street all the way! drove mine out to ohio for the nats last year and want to keep it that way! the plan so far
1: late magnum 318, 5.2, bone stock with air gap intake & 500 or 600 cfm carb
orange box, early dakota manifolds dual exaust, (perhaps a reground cam)
2: manual steering (close ratio if I can find one,or afford a flaming river box) small bolt disk brakes, (scarebird, kelsey hayes, SSBC) front sway bar, 205/70-14 on ralley rims
3:slip yoke 4speed (non O/D) 10 1/2 clutch with hydraulic release, hurst shifter (comp plus?) 7 1/4 (8 3/4 when I can get one) 2:91 3:23 gears (a detroit locker would be cool)
changes made slowly over time so as not to take the car off the road for more than a week at a time, after all it is a street car meant to be driven

Can't really answer that question. Mine is being build for a street/roadcourse car.

Sorry about that. I would put it under street strip being as its street manners would be killer.

Caferacer, here is a link to a faster ratio worm gear assemnbly through Mancini. 175 buck, I picked one up recently, and rebuilt my manual box, very pleased with the part.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/worgearpac.html

??? My 64 has the stock steering box, and it's hell to turn around, would this help make turning this car a bit easier?? Is it tworth the $175? And how hard of an upgrade is it???

That worm gear setup will make the wheel more painfull to turn when at a stop, or going very slow. The main benifit of it would be for around town driving, so you dont have to crake the wheel three revolutions to get around a city corner. i have not driven mine yet, I am waitng on warmer weather to put the motor in.

??? My 64 has the stock steering box, and it's hell to turn around, would this help make turning this car a bit easier?? Is it tworth the $175? And how hard of an upgrade is it???
what about converting to power steering?

My 69 barracuda is street, 360, 904, stock converter, 8 3/4 w/ 3.23 and tight suregrip. I will be rebuilding the 360, not sure whether to stroke or not. I want to be able to get 80-100,000 miles or so out of the rebuild, not sure if a stroker will do that or if it will wear the bores faster... I know I'd probably drive it harder and the tires would wear faster!

I'm building my 70 Dart for 95% street. It has a 530HP/513FT LBS TQ, 408 stroker, Alterkation front suspension, narrowed Strange S60 3.73 gears with RMS street linx, 4 speed manual tranny...

I'm building my '74 Duster for street/strip. Have a 414 stroker built for it, but waiting to put it on an engine dyno before I drop it in. Guessing it should put out about 525 HP and torque. 904 reverse manual shift race built and Dana 60 with 4.10's.

'77 Aspen R/T - street/road course
alterkation, built 360 1:1 4spd 3.55 8 3/4 sg lots of suspension upgrades.

'71 Swinger - Street/strip
currently 360 OD 4spd
going to built 440 4spd 6pack 4:10 Dana

71 duster street/strip combo. i have no overdrive but running a 408 with a 727, 8 3/4 rear with 3.91 gears and 3000 stall.

Street legal '70 duster..stock stroke 360,904,4.30 gears that runs 11's all day at the track....

Defineately strip/street- tow it to track and should tow it to the gas station ...LOL
Stroked 360 - 13:1 compression - 1.6 roller rockers- re- geared 4 speed - 4:30 gears and roll cage - super stock suspension -etc. but I still drive it on the street and to cruise nites - I just stay off the freeways

Street/Strip but only in the 13's so far. Aiming for the 12;s this year. 360 Crate, Tremec TKO 5 speed, 3.55 sure grip, A/C, PS, PB, power top, CD. It turns 2200 at 70 mph.

I voted race before I looked at the definitions. It will be street legal, it will have an overdrive and it will be set up for course racing. So I dont know how you would classify it.
Andrew

I voted race before I looked at the definitions. It will be street legal, it will have an overdrive and it will be set up for course racing. So I dont know how you would classify it.
Andrew

street strip/track :cheers:

I put street because a 170/6 1bbl w/274s simply cant be raced. I could drive it down the track but that's just timing it. Not racing. Maybe multipurpose after I do the engine swap?

My 74 duster is street. 340/904/3.55 sure grip.
My 82 amc spirit is street/strip. Built 408 on pump gas/built 904/ abody rear with 3.91 sure grip.

-
Back