what dizzy to use?

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
hey guys
im prepping a 360 to swap into my 71 duster
the 360 is a 75 (electronic ignition) and the car is a /6 with points

the distributor cap on the 360 is cracked so I figured I might as well replace the whole thing to make the conversion easier

Im considering one of the 2 wire distributors with the module build in

ive heard good things about them, ive heard bad things about them and I haven't heard anything to make me pull the trigger on one or spook me off from them altogether

one more thing to consider is that I am replacing the cam aswell so I want this motor to fire on the first crank so I can do a proper break in

and of course im on a budget

so...what are your suggestions?

Thinking about this makes me dizzy.....

For street cars, I just use the MP electronic conversion distributors and recurve them in needed....

Run the one you have for now. Recurve it and go.

You can always upgrade later.

the one that is in there has a broken cap, so I need to spend at least some money to make it work again
that's why I figured I would see if it would make sense to spend money to fix something I will replace later

only want to have to spend it once

the one that is in there has a broken cap, so I need to spend at least some money to make it work again
that's why I figured I would see if it would make sense to spend money to fix something I will replace later

only want to have to spend it once

A broken cap? As in the distributor cap? Those are cheap.

A new HEI "ready-to-run" distributor is just $45 (ebay, Steve White Performance & others), plus an E-core coil is smart. Simple 2-wire hookup. No sense wiring in a ballast resistor and all the mid-70's stuff to give a weaker spark.

I did a fair amount of research on the Skip White ready to run distributor. The are available for Chevy, Ford, and of course Mopar. I haven't found any significant problems or complaints. In fact it has been quite the opposite. I purchased one for my 360 swap, but the engine is not ready to install yet, so no first hand experience.

that is kinda what I figured, yes, a cap and rotor are cheap but so is a whole new set up

then again, it might be cheap for a reason

I'm gonna run a recurved distributor and Greg's HEI package. It should do what I'm looking for.

I purchased one of those $67.00 dollar specials inc delivery HEI dizzys from ebay and had it recurved and it hasn't missed a beat. Ive done close to 6,000 km since the engine rebuild and its been flawless,Like mentioned in one of the posts you need to replace the coil. I run a Bosch 55000 v coil which i purchased from the same vendor.Just to add ive spun this teen engine to 6300-6500 on a few occasions but mainly 5800 with out any ignition related issues. Sorry coil was a extra $35.00

-
Back