What do I have here ???

-

AJ71DUSTER

Reaction score
Well I pull the rear end a part and this is what I found, I'm not sure what the pin is ? when I rolled the pig over this pin fell out plus there's one on the other side but it did not fall out, Also what type of sure grip is this? hope pic's post

thanks

Attachments

• 069.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 070.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 071.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 072.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 220
:prayer:
It's a thrust botton and fits into the thrust block and there should be 2 of them. This is what the axles fit against when using the tapered roller axle bearings and it's a clutch pack sure grip.

Here's a link shows the thrust buttons in the axle thrust spacer.

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/axle/13.html

Thanks for the link,is the clutch sure grip better than the cone,did you see the ware on the pin one side has a groove wore into it, not sure what that means any ideas ? thanks for your input

The clutch type sure grip is better than the cone in the respect that it is easily rebuildable. The cone type one takes some fancy machining to get it back in specs again if it's worn out. There are new thrust buttons available from many sources. I'd get a new pair and the proper roll pin to hold them together.

Clutch sure grip definitely hooks harder too.

You remove that pin when you upgrade to Moser axles (or other Green bearing axles). Now might be the time. LOL!

Thanks for all of the info guys this is the first time I've seen one of these, so I do believe this rear end was well worth my 100$

Thanks
AJ71DUSTER

-
Back